If you are looking for fixes for “How to Backup Hotmail emails to computer” query then, you are in the right place. In this blog, we are going to discuss the methods to backup your Hotmail by using an easy manual approach.
User query: How do I download all my emails from Hotmail?
To answer this, we are here with the perfect suggestion to download all Hotmail emails. For more information go-ahead with this blog.
If you are using Hotmail email, then backup Hotmail emails are very necessary for this era. This is due to the fear of data loss, virus attack or malware attack is very common for all. Therefore, the need for backing up of all the important Hotmail emails to avoid data loss. So, here we come up with the best suggestion for a user query to Backing up Hotmail emails.
Next, we are going to discuss the Necessity of backing up the Hotmail account.
What is the need for a backup Hotmail Email Account?
The reasons for backup Hotmail Emails are:
- Nowadays the backup of every email client is necessary to secure all the important email data & Hotmail is one of them.
- To secure all the Hotmail emails from virus attack or to import data from one email client to another or protect the Hotmail account from hacking. All we need is backing up all the data in advance. So it is very necessary to backup Hotmail email data.
Now, the user has thought of steps to backup Hotmail emails manually. So here we start with a manual approach.
How to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer through Manual Strategies?
There is no such direct alternative provided by Microsoft to extract Hotmail emails on the computer. But a certain stepwise method can support users in saving their webmail messages on the system.
This free technique is defined below:
- Log in into your Hotmail account on the system
- Move to the email that you wish to take a backup.
- Choose the option of View message source:
- Once the source code of the message gets ON perform the following steps: For Windows >Press the Ctrl+A to highlight the entire text & afterwards press Ctrl+C to copy the highlighted code. For Mac,>Press the Command +A key, followed by Command+C in order to choose & copy the message source on the Mac OS platform.
- Check to see if the browser gives any direct option to save the email source code in EML data format: Move to file <> Save As in the email source tab. – Name the folder served by a .eml extension – browsers only support .htm or .html extensions for saving purposes. So double-check the file extension to be of .EML format.
- If the search engine does not support storing the file in EML file setup: ->Once you have followed the message source code, start any simple text editor like Notepad application. -Build a new text file & press the Ctrl+V button on Windows/ Command+V if you are using a Mac. This will paste the text document with .eml extension on your computer.
Through the above methods, one can easily backup their Hotmail account emails into a computer without any problem. But, the given manual methods have some flaws which are given below:
Limitation of Free or Manual Method:
- It is a long procedure & execution of each step takes a more time
- Require technical expertise to easily implement it.
- It’s not the perfect method of transfer.
Therefore if you want a perfect direct solution for backing up your Hotmail files then, we suggest you one such Hotmail Backup Tool that can be used to backup Hotmail emails to the computer directly and safely. This tool can also be used to transfer Hotmail emails into other desired formats or other available email clients.
In this blog, we discussed the manual method for “how to backup Hotmail emails to computer” query. We also tried to give an idea about the direct Hotmail utility to make the conversion process very easy without any technical assistance.