There are times when we try to visit a webpage and face technical difficulties to reach a subsequent site due to Error 404. The error is one of the most commonly occurring errors on the internet, and there are numerous resolves available for it as well. In the subsequent blog, we are here to feed our users about one of those resolves that will sneak out the error 404 from your web browser permanently. The process of resolving the issue is quite simple, but it is its lengthiness that makes it complicated. Make sure to follow the below-written article carefully to avoid any mistake.
Check the Link
You should look whether you inputted the right URL. An incorrect URL will flag the error 404, and even a number or letter creates a difference.
Boot in Safe Mode with Networking
In case you intend to boot in safe mode with networking, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Firstly, you have to reboot the system.
- In case the log in the screen in shown, press the Shift button during you choose the Power button and then select the Restart option.
- Once reboot the system, ‘Choose an option’ window, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- You should click on the Advanced options.
- Go to the Startup Settings option and click on it.
- Select the Restart option.
- After rebooting, you will view an options list.
- Click on the F5 or 5 key for Safe Mode with Networking.
Execute a Clean Boot
If the users are trying to execute a clean boot, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Navigate to the Windows Search on your system.
- Thereafter, input ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key to launch the System Configuration.
- Then select the System Configuration option.
- You should locate the Services section.
- Go to the box of Hide all Microsoft services.
- You have to select the Disable all option.
- Reach the Startup section.
- You should select the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- After that, shut the Task Manager then select the OK button.
- Now, restart the system.
Close Safe Mode with Networking
In case you intend to close safe mode with networking, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Start button and right-click on it on your system.
- Thereafter, you should click on the Run option.
- Then input ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key to launch the System Configuration.
- You will see a prompt on your screen.
- Navigate to the Boot section.
- Later, unselect the or untick the Safe Boot box.
- Now, reboot the system.
Execute a System File Checker Scan
If the users are trying to execute a system file checker scan, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Navigate to the Start button on your system.
- Thereafter, input ‘cmd’ into it and hit the Enter key to launch the Command Prompt.
- You should select the Command Prompt and right-click on it.
- Then choose the Run as Administrator.
- You have to input ‘sfc /scannow’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Now, reboot the system.
Launch Internet Explorer in No Add-ons Mode
In case you intend to launch Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- You should click on the Start logo on your system.
- Thereafter, choose the All Apps option.
- Click on the Accessories option.
- Select the Internet Explorer option.
- Go to the Tools option.
- Select Internet options.
- Beneath the Programs section, select the Manage Add-ons option.
Reset the Internet Explorer
If the users are trying to reset the internet explorer, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- First of all, shut all Windows.
- After that, click on the Tools option.
- Go to Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced section.
- Navigate to the Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- You should click on the Reset option.
- Choose the Close option after applying the default settings.
- Then click on the OK button.
- Now, reboot the system to save the changes.
We hope that the subsequent article will help you in achieving your purpose, and you will definitely get rid of your problem. It is advisable to be aware while reading this article because it is a bit complex to understand due to over-lengthiness.
Becky Losby is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.