House shifting is a very chaotic task that nobody wants to do. You have to clean the entire house and pack all your valuable belongings, important documents and you may go either for professional moving service for packaging, loading and unloading or you may do it yourself.
Tips to remember before moving to the new house
Packing supplies you need:
Bubble wraps sheets to protect your belongings from damages
Markers to identify what belongings are there in a particular box when you open them at your new home.
Before packing first prepare a checklist for each and every room and plan and pack it accordingly so that you cannot forget anything. Also, keep in mind that throw-away the waste possessions which you think you don’t need them anymore or you can give it to the persons which you think may be useful for them.
- Pack one room at a time: This is the most important packing tip one should not forget because it will help you to organize in a simple way and remember and tell the movers, or anyone unloading which box goes where.
- Label the boxes: Write the contents of each box with a marker. Especially write the content on sides of the box rather than writing on the top of the box so that when they are stacked it is easy to unload and move the box to their respective room in the new house.
- Fill the gaps: Fill the gaps with bubble wrap sheets, blankets and newspapers to protect the possessions from damage at their edges.
- Carry with you: This is the most important thing one should remember is carry all your priced possessions like jewelry, cash, and documents by yourself so that you may not lose them during the shifting process.
- Don’t overload: Do not overload a box so that you may end up in damaging the items in it.
- Place heavier boxes below than lighter ones: Arrange in this way while loading to avoid damages later.
- Disassemble Furniture: Packing furniture is a very inflexible task, so to make it easy just disassemble the furniture into individual units if it is possible.
- Hire professional movers and packers: If you are planning to hire movers and packers for the house shifting then compare with at least three movers and packers company which are IBA approved and quotes given by them and go for the one who you consider as the reliable, trusted and certified and also fit your budget.
- Inform Landlord: If you are staying in a rented house, then inform them as early as possible to avoid any trouble at the time of moving and also get your deposited money back to you. Do clean the house and required maintenance of the house before you leave.
I hope this article covered useful house shifting tips for a hassle-free relocation, Good luck! If any further information is needed please read our Useful guide to choose the right Packers and Movers