Haridwar in Uttarakhand is a holy place that most Hindus want to visit the place in order to get liberation from lifecycle. In fact, it is one of the seven holiest places in India which invite a lot of devotees from several parts. Those who visit Haridwar for the first time should plan their trip including accommodation properly to experience peace of mind. The city located on the banks of the river Ganga allows people to purify their soul from sins.
There are several places to explore in Haridwar that can help to plan a trip accordingly. The hotels in Haridwar offer excellent amenities for tourists allowing them to experience better accommodation. In fact, they aim at fulfilling the expectations of visitors when they want to stay with their family and children.
Important places to visit in Haridwar
1. Mansa Devi Temple
Mansa Devi Temple is a revered religious spot dedicated to goddess Manasa Devi. It is open from 5 Am to 9 Pm located on the top of a hill. Visitors can reach the temple by trekking or a ropeway ride enabling them to get the blessings of the goddess.
2. Neel Dhara Pakshi Vihar for bird watching
Haridwar is famous one not only for temples but also for other attractions. Neel Dhara Pakshi Vihar is an ideal destination for tourists who love bird watching. It is just 3 km away from Haridwar that allows visitors to discover a variety of birds. Apart from that, it lets tourists carry out trekking activity to witness more adventure.
3. Chilla wildlife Sanctuary
Chilla wildlife sanctuary is a treat for tourists who love wildlife because it covers a wide range of animals. The sanctuary spread across an area of 249 sq. km enables visitors to get more excitement on a trip. It is 6 km away from Haridwar and people can reach the place in quick turnaround time.
4. Pawan Dham
Haridwar is home to various temples that attract a lot of visitors every day. Pawan Dham is one among them because it has unique mirror and glass artworks. The idols and interiors of the temple will definitely impress the visitors to a large extent.
5. Sapt Rishi Ashram
Spat Rishi Ashram located on the banks of the river Ganges is a perfect destination for those who want to practice yoga and meditation in a peaceful environment. The Ashram even shows ways to relax mind from various problems for ensuring peace of mind.
6. Maya Devi Temple
Maya Devi Temple is one of the most visited places in Haridwar which exhibits the modest architecture and structure. Dedicated to the Hindu goddess Maya, the temple is an ideal spot for those who want to attain spirituality.
7. Crystal world
Tourists who want to take a break from temple visits in Haridwar can visit the crystal world park which features a variety of rides and slides. It is a suitable one for leisure and adventure activities which has large spaces.
Travel tips to Haridwar
1. Since Haridwar is a holy place, it is advisable to wear traditional clothes before visiting temples. Tourists should follow the local tradition and culture when they want to visit famous temples.
2. Visitors shouldn’t carry heavy cash in crowded places to avoid thefts and other problems significantly. In fact, tourists should take care of their valuables in hotel rooms and other places.
3. Haridwar organizes various Hindu festivals dedicated to several gods. Therefore, it is necessary to follow the precautionary measures while taking part in a festival.
4. The place is well-connected by air, road, and train allowing tourists to reach the same with ease. Taxi services are also available for visitors from the airport to the city.
5. Hindi, Punjabi, Garhwali and English are the languages spoken in Haridwar for communication purposes.
6. The best time to visit Haridwar is from October to March enabling tourists to make their trip a successful one.
7. It is a wise one to drink bottled water instead of tap water which ultimately gives ways to prevent unwanted issues.
8. There are several small shops which sell beautiful handicrafts and other things. Apart from that, tourists can even visit restaurants for tasting a variety of foods.
9. Tourists can carry the map of Haridwar when they visit the city with their family and others. This will help a lot to reach temples and other places without any difficulties.
10. It is advisable to contact the local tourist guide for knowing more about the festivals, temples, and other things.
11. Tourists can hire government approved tourist guides while visiting the city which gives ways to avoid complications. They should aware of touts and private guides in order to avoid scams.
12. Haridwar is a perfect destination for those who want to enlighten their spiritual wisdom and knowledge. However, tourists should know what to do and what not to do before entering the temples.
13. Foreign nationals should carry a copy of their passport, visa, and other documents while visiting a meditation or yoga centre. This will help a lot to get entrance pass as soon as possible.
Where to stay in Haridwar?
There are budget hotels available in Haridwar who want to plan their trip with their family at affordable rates. At the same time, it is necessary to know more about the details of best hotels in Haridwar from different sources including hotel websites. It is possible to book the hotels online in simple steps after comparing the prices.
Tourists should follow the instructions including cancellation policies properly while booking a hotel online. Most hotels offer different types of packages with discount prices enabling visitors to save more money. In addition, they provide excellent amenities for guests letting them experience high level comforts. Visitors can even get quotes from hotels before planning a trip. One should check out reviews of hotels from leading websites which can help to get more ideas. Also, it makes feasible ways to schedule a trip before 15 days or 1 month for accomplishing goals.