OxyContin OC 60 mg, a brand name for the narcotic drug oxycodone hydrochloride, is a painkiller medication available in the USA. OxyContin is available as a 10 milligram (mg), 20 milligrams, 40 mg, 60 mg, or 80 mg tablet. The Oxycontin tablets vary in colour and size according to their dosage. The Oxycontin tablets are imprinted with the letters OC on one side and the number of mg (milligram) on the opposite side. If you experience pain, you can buy Oxycontin OC 60 mg online to achieve adequate pain relief.
What are the primary uses of Oxycontin OC 60 mg?
OxyContin OC 60 mg is legitimately prescribed to relieve moderate to severe pain from bursitis, injuries, neuralgia, and arthritis. You may order Oxycontin OC 60 mg online from our pharmacy site because we provide overnight doorstep delivery of your medicines.
Dosage of Oxycontin
The initial dosage of Oxycontin medication is 10 milligrams orally every 12 hours. You can increase the Oxycontin dosage upon your doctor's advice if the severity of your pain increases.
What are the side effects of Oxycontin OC 60 mg?
Individuals who use OxyContin are at risk of developing a tolerance for the Oxycontin drug. Long-term use of the Oxycontin drug can lead to addiction and physical dependence. People who become dependent upon or addicted to the Oxycontin drug might experience withdrawal symptoms from Oxycontin if they cease using Oxycontin. Withdrawal symptoms of OxyContin addiction or dependency include restlessness, muscle and bone pain, cold flashes, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, and involuntary leg movements.
Oxycontin also has a potential for abuse. People abuse OxyContin for its euphoric effect as it generates an effect similar to that associated with heroin use. People who use a large dose of OxyContin are at risk of developing severe respiratory depression that can cause death. In addition, OxyContin abusers who inject the Oxycontin drug expose themselves to additional risks, like hepatitis B and C, contracting HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), and other blood-borne viruses.
What other drugs can interact with Oxycontin OC 60 mg?
The following are clinically significant drug interactions with Oxycontin OC 60 mg:
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (or MAOIs) sometimes used to treat dementia, depression, and early-onset Parkinson's disease
- inhibitors of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, like azole-antifungal agents (like ketoconazole), macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin), and protease inhibitors (ritonavir)
- CYP3A4 inducers, including phenytoin and carbamazepine
- CNS depressants, like benzodiazepines and other hypnotics or sedatives, anxiolytics, general anesthetics, muscle relaxants, antipsychotics, and tranquilizers
- other mixed antagonist or agonist and partial agonist opioid analgesics
- certain types of antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (or SSRIs), serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (i.e., SNRIs), and triptans
- diuretics commonly used to treat high blood pressure and other conditions
- anticholinergic drugs, such as ipratropium (Atrovent), benztropine mesylate (like Cogentin), atropine (Atropine), probenecid, zidovudine, and lamotrigine (Lamictal)
- activated charcoal and beta-blockers, like propranolol
Tell the doctor about any medicines you take before taking Oxycontin OC 60 mg. Oxycontin OC 60 mg and other opioid analgesic drugs also enhance the neuromuscular blocking action of skeletal muscle relaxant medicines and generate an enhanced degree of respiratory depression.
For More Information :