1. Business

Can I start a business/company on a Tier 2 visa (spouse visa) in London, England?

Disclaimer: This is a user generated content submitted by a member of the WriteUpCafe Community. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of WriteUpCafe. If you have any complaints regarding this post kindly report it to us.

It is important to understand that a Tier 2 visa or now called a Skilled Worker visa is not a Spouse visa. Both are 2 complete separate visas in their own right. The Home Office recognises that you may wish to take up a second job apart from just the one you have been sponsored and issued a visa on.

As a consequence, if your secondary job does not exceed more than 20 hours doing the same work as the business you already work for, you will be fine to start a business or company. It would also be good practice to inform your employer that by taking up a second job it would not affect your work duties with the company.


Do you like mylegalservice's articles? Follow on social!


Welcome to WriteUpCafe Community

Join our community to engage with fellow bloggers and increase the visibility of your blog.
Join WriteUpCafe