This is one of the most commonly asked questions by people who are not iOS users. Can you use Cricut on Chromebook? Well, let's find out in this article. In this blog, I have dealt with one of the most common questions. Believe it that so many people are confused about it. We all know very well that Mac, iPad, and iOS users don’t find any difficulty with using their Cricut machines on these platforms. But what about the Chrome users.
There are two thoughts when it comes to this query of people. One believes that it is not possible. And the other believes it is and they have also found out the way to their Cricut on Chromebook. In this blog, I will be highlighting the answer to this very common question along with the functioning of Cricut on various other platforms. So, let’s begin.
What is Cricut?
Cricut Machines are a range of classic electronic cutting machine that helps everyone to do their arts and crafts easily at the convenience of their homes. The machines have everything sorted, be it simple T-shirt printing, home decor, or kids who want to create their school projects. These machines can cut all sorts of designs on a wide range of materials like paper, vinyl, card stock,
and iron-on transfers. Some Cricut machines even work on fabrics, leather, and wood. The older models of Cricut machines are Cricut Explore, Cricut Explore One, and Cricut Explore Air. There are many newer models of Cricut Machines like Cricut Joy, Cricut Maker 3, and Cricut Explore 3.
What does the Cricut Design Space Have to Say on This?
According to the official website of Cricut, the question “Can you use Cricut on Chromebook?” is one of the frequently asked questions. The website claims that you cannot use Cricut on your Chromebook. Basically, the design space is a web-based program that allows you to browse lots of pages of some predesigned projects. It lets you design your own projects on your phone,
laptop, desktop, and tablets. The Cricut design space has over 75 thousand images, four hundred fonts, and more than eight hundred predesigned “Make It Now” projects for your convenience. According to Cricut, it is claimed that this design space is only supported by Windows or Mac Operating systems. The Chromebooks run Google’s Chrome Operating
System. The Chrome Operating System is not compatible with the Design Space.
But don’t you worry, this article will not disappoint you as I mentioned earlier that there are two schools of thought on this question. And the other one is more promising. To find out the solution continue reading the blog.
How To Connect Chromebook To A Cricut Cutting Machine?
Here are some of the steps that you can follow to connect your Cricut to your Chromebook.
● Step 1 – First you have to download the Design Space application from the Google Play store on your smartphone.
● Step 2 – Now Open the application and create an account by signing in. At this step you might have to be a little patient, it takes a while to load for some time. When you open the Design Space for the first time before signing in. You get the option of Machine setup but don’t use it. Instead, click on “sign-in” by using your existing account or by creating a new one.
● Step 3 – Now turn on your Cricut cutter for Bluetooth connection with your android mobile.
● Step 4 – Now open the system launcher on your phone and select Bluetooth Icon to switch on Bluetooth.
● Step 5 – Now your Cricut cutter will appear in the Bluetooth menu. All you would have to do is select it so that your device could be connected.
● Step 6 – I would call this step a very crucial one. That you would have to keep in your mind. The first time you will connect your Cricut cutter to your Chromebook you will have to enter a pin code. So, unless you have changed it. It always is 0000.
● Step 7 – Now you are almost done. All you have to do now is prepare the new projects that you are willing to make. See, even though I have provided the above steps to connect your Chromebook to a Cricut cutting machine. Many people have reported a failure in achieving this. So due to regional discrepancies, there might be an issue when you follow the above steps. I hope your query of yours is solved once you contact the helpdesk of Cricut in case you can not reach the desired result.