Cancer Immunotherapy or, immuno-oncology, is the treatment that utilizes the body’s self-immune system to combat cancer. The immunotherapy treatments either boost the body’s immune system against cancer or acts as the immune system to identify the cancerous cells and destroy them. Immunotherapy is precision (personalized) medicine that works better for some types of cancer; however, this treatment is now used for different types of cancer. The first immunotherapy treatment, Yervoy, was approved and commercialized in 2011 by US-based bio-pharmaceutical company, Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Global Cancer Immunotherapy Market Outlook, Value & Estimation
Recently with the discovery of new oncology targets and increased knowledge about cancer, newer immunotherapy options have been discovered. For e.g., approval of novel checkpoints (targets in the body of a patient with cancer) inhibitors against PD-1 and PD-L1, have revolutionized the immune-oncology market with their rapid uptake among the patients. The global cancer immunotherapy market was valued at $39.86 billion in 2017 and is anticipated to reach $170.70 billion by 2028. The rising prevalence of cancer around the world and high unmet medical needs of patients with cancer are stimulators for the growth of the cancer immunotherapy market. In addition, the advancements in precision medicine for immuno-oncology and rise in expenditure by pharmaceutical companies on R&D for cancer treatments, are contributing to the rise in demand for cancer immunotherapy as a treatment for cancer.
Market Segmentation by Products, Therapeutic Indication, and Region
The purpose of the BIS Research study, Global Cancer Immunotherapy Market, is to gain a holistic view of the global cancer immunotherapy market against various factors influencing the market, such as the key market trends, competitive and regulatory aspects of the market, scientific innovations into oncology fields, etc. The scope of the report is centered upon a detailed study of the solutions allied with cancer immunotherapy market which involves immune-oncology drugs used in different therapeutic applications for cancer treatment. The global cancer immunotherapy market is segmented into three different parts: ‘by products’, ‘by therapeutic indication’, and ‘by region’. The global market value for cancer immunotherapy was estimated using these three different approaches and was validated against one another. These segments are further segmented into several sub-segments to ease the market estimation.
Key Players in Cancer Immunotherapy Market
The cancer immunotherapy market has a promising potential for growth in the coming years. The report provides an in-depth SWOT analysis of different key players of the market, supported by an extensive financial summary of each company. The key players of the market are Aduro Biotech, Inc, Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Celgene Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., and Gilead Sciences, Inc, among others.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What is cancer immunotherapy? What are the products included in immunotherapy?
• What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cancer immunotherapy market?
• What were the market shares of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global cancer immunotherapy market in 2017 and what will be its share in 2028?
• How will each segment of the global cancer immunotherapy market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2028?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
• What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
• What are the major regulatory authorities/ associations/ consortiums affecting the cancer immunotherapy market and what are the main designations facilitating development and approval of cancer drugs?
• Which product segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the global cancer immunotherapy market?
• How has the market been segmented based on therapeutic indication? Which therapeutic indication segment had the largest share, and the fastest growth rate in the global cancer immunotherapy market?
• Which geographical region will contribute to the highest sales of the cancer immunotherapy drugs during the forecast period and which will have the highest CAGR?
• What are major companies developing cancer immunotherapy drugs targeted for different therapeutic indication?
Get Free Sample Report – https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=654&type=download
This research report aims at answering questions related to various aspects of the global market with the help of the key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The market by region has been further sub-segmented in various countries, and in each sub-segment the key market trends, list of the key players, and recent developments.
BIS Related Studies