Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches are purpose-built for resiliency at scale with the industry’s most comprehensive security and allows your business to grow at lowest total operational cost. Built upon the foundation of Catalyst 9000, the Catalyst 9600 Series offers scale and security when always on is a must.
As foundational building blocks for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Catalyst 9600 Series switches help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey.
Catalyst 9600 Series Switches provide security features that protects the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine that with open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP ASIC technology, Catalyst 9600 Series switches give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
As the industry’s first purpose-built 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet line of modular switches targeted for the enterprise campus, Catalyst 9600 Series switches deliver unmatched table scale (MAC, route, and Access Control List [ACL]) and buffering for enterprise applications.
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Chassis
- Hardware ready to support up to 25.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with up to 6.4 Tbps bandwidth per slot.
- Up to 9.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with 3 Bpps of forwarding performance with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 48 nonblocking 100 Gigabit Ethernet QSPF28 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 96 nonblocking 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 192 nonblocking 25 Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP28/SFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Platinum-rated AC and DC power supplies.
The Foundation of Software-Defined Access
Secure Segmentation with SD-Access
The enterprise network lies at the heart of digital transformation. A network that is open, programmable, integrated, and secure maximizes business agility, allowing new business opportunities to be pursued and captured. But advanced and persistent security threats, the exponential growth of IoT devices and a mobility everywhere user experience requires a new type of network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the network fabric that powers business. It is an open and extensible software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities. These include:
● Simplified device deployment
● Unified management of wired and wireless networks
● Network virtualization and segmentation
● Group-based policies
● Context-based analytics
● SD-Access: Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches are the entry-level devices for SD-Access, Cisco’s lead enterprise architecture, with policy-based automation from edge to cloud.
- Simplified segmentation and micro-segmentation, with predictable performance and scalability
- Automation through Cisco DNA Center
- Policy handled through the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
Faster launch of new business services and significantly improved issue resolution time
- Full network visibility and monitoring
- End-to-end Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Fast issue resolution and network remediation
- ● Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network.