Lately, we all running into a Windows 10 problem. Although Microsoft has two updates every season with monthly security patches every month and larger updates twice for more than 1 billion devices worldwide. There is also an update coming soon in Windows 10 of 2021. We don’t know the exact date. People are still facing some issues, and these can be annoying sometimes.
But that’s not the end of the world. We are here, don’t worry. Here are some instructions for how to troubleshoot 10 common Windows 10 problems. There are few different ways to fix a Windows 10 problem, and that works or not depends on your device. Several factors that might affect the solution are the model, the state of the laptop or computer, and several other factors. Let’s look at some of the issues that you might face with Windows 10 and how you might fix them.
Issues Updating to the latest version of Windows 10
Microsoft rolls out major updates each year the latest being the October 2020 update, which was based on the new chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser, and updates start menu, taskbar, and notifications. Whenever the updates roll out, your device gets a notification if you don’t get one do this. Go to settings> Update and Security> Windows Update and click for updates. If this feature is available, then download and install it.
Now, if you are running into a problem or error while updating, you can try the following method.
- Firstly, make sure your device is connected to the internet
- Now try to install the update manually and follow the instructions given below
- After these things just run the Windows Update troubleshooter: Select Start>Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Now under the get-up and running just select the windows update.
Not enough Space to Complete the Update
Updates sometimes require a good amount of drive space. Now, if you run into an error where it shows not enough space to complete the update, just follow the steps:
- Save files you don’t need on your desktop on an external device or thump drive or in a cloud account like Google Drive or OneDrive.
- To turn on storage first go to start>Settings>System>Storage opens the storage settings and turns on storage sense. Then after that, select configure or run it now.
- If your device doesn’t have a storage sense, you can check the disk clean-up and then select it from the results.
Mouse Cursor starts wandering on its own:
Sometimes when you are working on your Windows 10 laptop or PC then suddenly your cursor starts moving on its own. This may disrupt your work or your entertainment. So, the following are how you can fix it from Microsoft:
- Open and Run hardware troubleshooter. Then press Windows + X, and select Control Panel. You have to now go to Troubleshooting. Then on the left panel, you will see Troubleshooting; click on it. Lastly, you have to follow the instructions after selecting the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
- You can start by Updating the mouse and other pointing device drivers. Then click on Windows + R, type devmgmt. msc and press Enter. Now you have to expand Mice and other pointing device drivers. Lastly, do a right-click on the driver of the mouse and Select Update.
Uncontrollable Scrolling and scrolling
So, does this happen to you that you are on a page and you are scrolling, and now you can’t stop means you have stopped, but your laptop is still scrolling on its own? There are few different ways to troubleshoot this. The first thing you can do is unplugging the mouse or turning off its Bluetooth connection and plugging it back in.
This issue can also be addressed with your browser. If you want, just follow the process. You can go to Preferences > Advanced > Accessibility and turn on Navigate pages with Text cursor.
There is also an option where you update your mouse and touchpad browser. Go to device manager and see if there are warnings next to the names of your mice. If so you will be able to repair them then and there.
Files Opening Wrong apps:
This error sometimes happens when you update your Windows 10. Your apps and files might restore to their default settings or switch settings. You don’t have to worry about this. It is not a big issue. You can do this to solve the problem go to Start>Settings>Apps>Default apps. Select the default you want to set and choose the app through which you want to open that file.
There is also another option where you can choose Open with, and then you can choose another app and then select the app through which you want to open.
Windows 10 update might drop soon. We all have struggled with these issues in the windows 10 update. So here are some issues and their fixes that you might be struggling with and getting frustrated with. Hope you find these solutions useful. Thank you for the read.