AOL, a division of Verizon communications, launched its first webmail services in 2005. Like any other Webmail programs out there in the market, AOL runs on any internet browser like Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. AOL has also launched its all-in-one internet software known as AOL desktop with a built-in AOL mail program.
AOL services enables you to easily connect with your colleagues, business partners, and friends. Apart from its standard features, AOL has some additional features like spam protection, speed, reliability, and customer support. You can access all the above mentioned features by creating a new AOL account and logging into your account using the AOL mail login interface. This article will help you to create a new AOL account as well as explain the AOL Mail Login process.
How to Create an AOL account? ( And Access your AOL Mail Inbox )
As mentioned above, an AOL account will give you access to the web-based email service and all the other features that come with it. With AOL desktop, you can access a variety of online services like mail, news, search, browsing and live chatting. Creating an AOL mail account is absolutely easy and the following steps will guide you through the process:
- Visit the AOL homepage and click on the Login / Join link on the upper right corner of the page.
- Next click on the Create an account button.
- Now, enter your first and last name in the required field.
- Create a username that will appear as your email address. The user name must be unique, or you have to create a new one.
- Choose a strong password for your AOL account. Your password is your key to protect your account. The password should contain numbers, alphabets, and symbols also.
- You also need to enter your date of birth, as you need to be at least 13 years old to access the AOL account.
- You can mention your gender but it is an optional field.
Cross-check all the details provided by you and then click on the Continue button.
Once you complete the process, verify your phone number before you can access your AOL mail inbox.
How to Login to AOL Mail?
If you are an old AOL user, you need not follow the above steps. You can directly log in to your AOL mail account. The following process will help you with your AOL.com mail login:
- Open a web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Visit the official page of AOL.
- Enter your login credentials carefully.
- Finally, click on the login/ sign-in button.
With these simple steps, you can easily log in to your AOL webmail account. If you are using AOL desktop, you directly login from the AOL desktop.
Point to Keep in Mind While Using the AOL Mail
Sometimes users may face difficulties in the AOL Mail Login process. The reason can vary, but if we take care of some essential points, we can use AOL without any troubles. We have sorted some of the primary reasons that can create issues.
- Internet Connection: This is one of the main reasons behind the AOL issue. We recommend you to verify the signal strength of your internet connection whenever you are facing any trouble. AOL webmail doesn’t work correctly if the internet connection is weak, or the system is not receiving the proper signal.
- AOL Server Issue: Despite having a good internet speed, AOL webmail does not open. Sometimes, the issue is from the server end. Please check whether the AOL server is down in your area or not. You are required to wait until the server is restored and start working again.
- Wrong Credentials: Sometimes, knowingly or unknowingly, you might enter the wrong credentials during the login process. You should verify that correct username and password is entered to avoid this.
- Out-Dated Version: We recommend everyone to keep their AOL webmail, AOL Desktop, and web browser up-to-date because an outdated version might not work correctly or create an issue while login.
- Firewall Issue: A firewall can also deny access to AOL webmail services. In such cases you might have to disable the antivirus and firewall to resume working on the AOL services.
These are some of the most common reasons encountered by users when they try to access the webmail. Let us know in our comment section if you found this little tutorial helpful.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you make any purchases through them, we get a small commission which helps us in maintaining and supporting this site.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular Tips on blogging and making money online!
[newsletter_form type=”minimal” lists=”5″ button_color=”undefined”]