Intuit developed the QuickBooks File Doctor tool after merging two applications: QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool and QuickBooks Network Connectivity Diagnostic Tool. Apart from resolving the network issues, it also diagnoses the file errors and instantly fixes the errors. Through this blog, we will help you understand how to download and use the File doctor tool to resolve several errors that you may come across while using the QB accounting application.
Which Issues Can QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Resolve?
You can rectify the following issues with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- It will help you fix all the company file errors.
- You may fix the QuickBooks error 6000 series.
- 6150: Occurs when you perform a damaged QuickBooks installation.
- 6000 82: when you are unable to access QuickBooks.
- 6000 301: It takes place when you have changed the file location.
- 6147: Occurs when you fail to restore the backup.
- 6130: You may encounter it while rearranging Windows firewall settings.
- It can help you fix installation errors that take place while using QuickBooks.
- Fix issues that occur while updating any QuickBooks-related program.
- Rectify issues related to the empty customer list and vendor list.
- You may also resolve multi-user errors.
- If the QuickBooks Database manager is non-functional, you can use the File doctor tool to detect the errors.
- It can help you fix the H series of QuickBooks errors H101, H202, H303, and H505.
What Are The Requirements Of Using QuickBooks desktop File Doctor?
Below we have some of the factors that you must take into consideration before using the QB File Doctor Tool:
- You must have administrator access and a stable internet connection.
- The size of the affected company file must be nearly 2 GB.
- You must install QB only once on your system so that it works properly.
- Before using the QuickBooks File Doctor, you must update it as per the latest version.
- The file doctor tool is compatible only with the Windows OS versions of QuickBooks. Thus, you won’t be able to use it for the Mac versions.
How To Download & Install QuickBooks File Repair Doctor?
Below we have mentioned the steps that can help you download and install the File Doctor Tool:
- At first, go to the official website of Intuit.
- Then, you have to launch the QuickBooks File Doctor Download Page.
- Click on the download option.
- Now, save the tool on your desktop so that you can find it without any hassle.
- Double-click on the file named QBFD.exe.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to install the file doctor.
How Can You Access QuickBooks File Doctor?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to access the File doctor tool:
- To begin, double-click on the QB File Doctor Tool.
- Then, click on the file that you want to repair.
- Now, enter the user name and the password of the required company file.
- Wait till the diagnosis gets completed.
- Further, choose either of these options: server or workstation.
- Then, click on Yes if you want to access the file doctor tool hosting the company file.
- Close the QB File Doctor once the diagnosis process ends.
- At last, restart your company file and check for the error status.