The noise cancellation feature is essential to have in any headphones you purchase. Fortunately, Apple’s AirPods include the feature and guide you by switching between the iPhone and iPad modes. However, Mac doesn’t do the same.
Are you someone who spends more time with your Mac than the iPhone or iPad? Well, you’ll use your AirPods with the same. So, here’s what you need to know about enabling the noise cancellation feature for AirPods Pro on Mac.
Notably, there are two methods you can follow to enable the feature: Using the stem of your AirPods Pro or the menu bar on your Mac.
Using the Mac Menu Bar to Enable the Noise Cancellation Feature
The simplest way to switch between noise-control modes is by using the Volume menu on Mac’s menu bar. However, if you don’t see the same, follow the steps mentioned below to enable:
- Tap on the ‘Apple’ icon in the top-left corner of the window.
- A drop-down menu will open. Select the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- A new window will open. Select the ‘Sound’ option from the same.
- Navigate to the ‘Output’ tab and mark the checkbox for the ‘Show volume in menu bar’ option.
The volume icon will start appearing in the menu bar. Therefore, once you connect the AirPods to your Mac, tap on the ‘Volume’ button and select your AirPods Pro.
Further, to enable the noise cancellation mode, click on the ‘speaker’ icon on the menu bar and hover the mouse on your AirPods Pro. A pop-up menu will open, from where you need to click on the ‘Noise Cancellation’ option. You can also select ‘Off’ or the ‘Transparency’ option.
Using Force Sensor to Enable the Noise Cancellation Feature
You must have noticed that AirPods come with a double-tap feature. Unfortunately, AirPods Pro doesn’t have the same. Instead, you press and hold the force sensor in the stem of the AirPods Pro. By doing the same, you have the option to switch between three modes: Noise Cancellation, Transparency, and Off.
To let the sound be as it is usually, select the ‘Off’ option. The ‘Transparency’ mode doesn’t shut the environmental sounds while playback and the ‘Noise Cancellation’ option blocks all the noise.
All you need to do is press and hold the sensor to switch between the modes. Notably, Transparency mode isn’t much of a use. Thus, you can remove the same while switching between the modes. The steps to remove the Transparency mode are:
- Click on the ‘Apple’ icon and select the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Select the ‘Bluetooth’ option from the pop-up menu.
- Locate the name of your AirPods Pro and click on the ‘Options’ button next to it.
- Make sure that noise control is enabled for either or both the AirPods Pro.
- Unmark the checkbox for the ‘Transparency’ option under the ‘Noise Control Toggles Between’ section.
- Hit the ‘Done’ button.
That was easy, right? Now that you’re familiar with the process of enabling the noise cancellation feature with AirPods Pro on Mac, it’ll become easy for you to use the same without any distraction.