Windows 10 operating system comes with a service that automatically downloads and installs new updates on your computer. This auto-update feature works great and ensures that your computer system remains up-to-date. And it also improves the performance of your device by fixing bugs and offering you new updated features. And keeping your operating system updated is very important. But sometimes, after an update, you may experience some problems with your computer system. Undoubtedly, Windows 10 is well known for its excellent features. But, not all the features that it offers can be useful all the time. And the same goes for the auto-update functionality included in Windows 10 operating system. And if you are also facing some issues after an update on your Windows 10 computer system, then you can easily pause, delay, or disable the auto-updates on your computer. Windows 10 provides you with the ability to take complete control of the updates on your computer system.
Are you also a Windows 10 user and are facing issues after an update on your computer system? Do you want to know how you can disable auto-updates on your Windows 10 computer? If you want to know the method, then you must go through this complete post. The following article will show you the way of disabling the auto-update feature on your Windows 10 computer. So, if you want to get the technique, then you should consider reading this complete article.
The Method for Disabling the Auto-Update Using Registry Editor on Windows 10
Although, there are several ways for disabling the auto-update feature on your Windows 10 computer. You can do so by using the Settings on your computer system. Or you can also use the method of Local Group Policy Editor for this task. But here, we will focus on how you can perform such a task using the Registry Editor on your computer system. Registry Editor is a useful tool that you can use to perform several actions on your Windows 10 computer system. You can also use this tool to make Windows on your computer work in the way you want. Any of the Windows 10 users can easily use the Registry Editor tool to disable automatic updates on their computer.
Also, you need to make sure to back up your system before proceeding with this method, as this is a bit of a risky process, and it can cause damage to the items stored on your device. So, let’s take a look at the below-mentioned instructions to get started with the task:
The Steps for Disabling Auto-Updates Using Registry Editor in Windows 10
Here’s how you can stop the automatic updates using the Registry Editor on Windows 10 computer:
- First of all, you will have to launch the Registry Editor app on your computer system. To do so, click on the “Start” button, and then in the search box, type the term “Regedit.” From the search results appearing on your screen, you will need to choose the “Registry Editor” option to open the application.
- After opening the application, head to the following path: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows.”
- And after this, go through the WindowsUpdate folder. If the folder doesn’t exist there, you have to do a right-click on the Windows folder. And now, from the options that you can see on your screen, click on the option of “New” and then, from the drop-down menu, select the option of “Key.” And now, you can assign a name to the key that you have just created. You can name it “WindowsUpdate.”
- And next, you will have to do a right-click on the new key that you have created.
- Go through the “New” option from the submenu that you can see appearing on your screen. And then, go through the option of “Key.”
- Again, you will have to assign a name to the new key. You can name it as “AU OR AutoUpdate).”
- And now, click on the created “AU” key then, go to the right pane, and right-click on it.
- Now, you need to create a “DWORD (/32 Bit) Value” and name it as “AUoptions.”
- Proceed with the method by clicking on this key and then set its values “2/.” And at last, complete the process by clicking on the “Ok” button. Now, restart your computer system. And after the completion of the process, your Windows 10 computer will not install the updates automatically. Whenever you want to install new updates on your Windows 10 computer system, you can go through the Check for Updates button.
So, this is all you need to do to disable the auto-updates using the registry editor on your Windows 10 computer system. I hope you will be able to accomplish the following task without facing any difficulties. Thanks for reading this complete article. To check for more updates, please visit our website.
Visit : office.com/setup