By default, the iPhone and iPad automatically download new software and update all the apps from time to time. This is useful when you are using your home Wi-Fi or any strong network. This fixes the bugs and improves the performance of your device, along with providing you with the latest features of the apps. But, sometimes, you might want to stop the automatic app updates on your iPhone or iPad. The reasons can be anything for this. But, here the main question is how to do this. How can you stop automatic app updates on your Apple device? Well, this is an easy task to do. If you are also an iPhone user and want to stop automatic app updates on your device, then this is the right place to look for ways to do so.
Here, in our following, we are going to let you know the method that you will need to follow to complete the task. So, if you want to proceed and want to get the technique, you should keep reading the article.
The Procedure to Stop the Automatic App Update on an iPhone or iPad
If you feel that the app doesn’t really need an update and works fine on your device, then you easily stop the auto app update process. Here, we have mentioned the procedure step- by- step. All you need to do is follow the steps carefully included in the method. So, here’s how you can stop the auto-update for the apps on your iPhone and iPad. Please take a look below:
- To disable the automatic app updates on your iPhone and iPad, firstly, you need to open the “Settings” on your device.
- Under the Settings section, scroll down through your screen and choose the option of “iTunes and App Store”.
- And now, under the “Automatic Downloads” section, you will see an option of the “Update”. You will need to toggle off the button given next to this option to disable the automatic app updates.
After this, none of the apps of your smartphone will be updated automatically. If you want, you can update the apps manually.
- To enable the auto-update option, turn on the toggle button placed next to the “Update” slider under the Settings of your device.
- You can also use the Screen Time Feature of your iPhone to prevent the apps from installing or to disable the in-app purchases. With this, you can even block any app by limiting the app usage on your smartphone.
And this is it. This way, you can enable or disable the auto-update for the apps on your iPhone and iPad. Try these steps, and if you face any issues, then do let us know. And for reading more articles like this, stay tuned with us and visit our website.