These days, we all spend most of our time scrolling through Facebook, or Twitter on our devices. And whenever we use any social networking site on any of our devices, we see a lot of auto-play videos. Well, some people don’t like to see the auto-play videos as some of them may contain violent, offensive, or other unwanted content. So, in that case, it’s always a better option to turn off those auto-play videos. But many users do not know how to do that. Are you also one of the users who don’t prefer to see the auto-play videos on Facebook, Twitter, or Firefox? Want to disable them but don’t know how to do that? If that is the situation, then now, there is no need to go anywhere else. You will find a way to do this in this article only.
In the following report, we are going to tell you about the method through which you can easily disable the auto-play videos on Facebook, Twitter, and Firefox. The procedures are easy to follow. So, to get the techniques, please go through the complete article.
The Methods to Turn-off the Auto-Play Videos on Facebook, Twitter, and Firefox
However, automatic video playback is a nice feature to have. But it cannot be good all the time. Many times, these videos contain harmful content. So, if you don’t want these auto-play videos to pop-up on your screen while using any social networking site, you can quickly turn off these auto-play videos. Here, to help you get rid of these videos, we have mentioned some simple tricks for the platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Firefox. The methods include some easy steps that you will need to follow. So, to proceed further, take a look at the below-mentioned steps:
The Steps to Disable the Auto-Play Videos on Facebook
- To get started, if you are using Facebook on your computer system, then firstly, log into your account with your email ID and password. And then select the “Settings and Privacy” section.
- After reaching the next screen, scroll down and look for the “Videos” menu. Here, you will see a toggle button where you can disable the auto-play videos.
- If you are using the app on your iOS device, then go to the menu button that you can find at the bottom of your screen. And now, go through the “Settings and Privacy” section. And then select “Settings”.
- On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on the option of “Media and Contacts” and then choose “Videos and Pictures”. After you find the auto-play button, turn off the feature.
- If you are using an Android device, then go to the menu button and select the option of “Settings and Privacy”. And now, tap on “Privacy”.
- Next, scroll down through your screen and tap on “Media and Contacts”.
- Lastly, choose the “Autoplay” option and set it to “Never Auto-play Videos”.
The Steps to Disable the Auto-Play Videos on Twitter
If you want to turn off the auto-play videos on Twitter, then here’s how you can do that:
- First of all, on the computer, open the web browser and go to the site of Twitter to log into your account.
- After logging in, go through the “More” option given in the left menu and then click on “Settings and Privacy”.
- And now, select the option of “Data Usage” and go through the “Auto-play” setting. From there, you can turn off the auto-playback videos feature.
- On the iOS and Android device, open the app and click on the profile picture that you can see at the top of your device’s screen.
- After this, you will need to choose the “Settings and privacy” option from the menu. Tap on “Data Usage”. And lastly, click on “Automatic video play” and set it to “Never”.
The Steps to Turn-off the Automatic Playback Videos on Firefox
- To disable the auto-play videos on Firefox, you will need to click on the three-lined icon that you will find in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the option of “Preferences” and then go to the right column and select the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Scroll down through your screen and go to the “Permission” section.
- Here, search for the “Autoplay” option and click on it.
- And now, go through the “Settings” button. Here, you can block the auto-play videos.
So, this was about disabling the auto playback videos on Facebook, Twitter, and Firefox. Try these steps now if you also want to turn off the feature. And to read more articles like this, please go through our website.