Do you use the Windows 10 operating system on your computer? If you have just started using Windows 10, then you might not be fully aware of its functionalities and features. It comes with a lot of amazing built-in features that you can use to have the best computing experience. OneDrive support is one such built-in functionality included in Windows 10. This built-in feature enables its users to sync all their files and folders of their computer with the cloud storage. Well, thanks to this service, it makes it easy enough for you to share any files with your friends, family, and colleagues. But, here, the question is, do you know how to use OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer? Do you want to know how it works and how you can be able to use this feature? If yes, then this is the right place to come.
The following report will let you know the ways through which any Windows 10 user can use OneDrive to share files. Here, we have mentioned the complete method to make you aware of the procedure. So, if you want to proceed further, please go through the full article.
The Methods for Sharing Files Using OneDrive in Windows 10
Sending any files and folders as attachments in email apps typically limit how much data one can send at one time. But sending the data online is much more comfortable and convenient, especially with this great OneDrive built-in feature. It is the safest way to share your files with other people. With OneDrive, you don’t need to install any additional apps on your Windows 10 computer. Using this functionality on Windows 10 to share any files is much easier, and the task includes some simple steps that you will need to follow. For a better and clear understanding, we have mentioned the method step by step. So, go on and take a look at the below-mentioned steps. Here’s what you need to do to share files using OneDrive on a Windows 10 computer.
The Steps to Use OneDrive to Share Files and Folders on Windows 10 Computer
To share the files using OneDrive on Windows 10, please follow these steps:
- First of all, to get started with the procedure, you will need to open the File Explorer on your computer system. You can do that by going through the left-side menu and then click on the OneDrive folder from there.
- Now, on the next screen, search for the folder containing the file that you would like to share. And when you find it, you need to right-click on it.
- From the context menu appearing on your screen, select the option of “Share” to share the files.
- Next, go through the option of “Anyone with the link can edit”. This will change the access related configuration for the person with whom you are going to share your files.
- After choosing the type of access, click on “Apply”.
- After reaching the next window, choose the people with whom you want to share your files with.
- After selecting the users, go to the “Add” button to add the users.
- Finally, complete the process by clicking on the “Share” option. And that’s done. This way, you can share many files at one time to multiple users.
Another Method: Sharing Files via Web
Here is another method that you can use to share files with other people. Here’s how this method works:
- If you are using some other person’s computer and want to share any files, you can use the OneDrive website. Navigate to the website “onedrive.live.com” and then log into your account with your credentials.
- After this, now go to the folder containing the file that you are going to share.
- After selecting the file, go through the “Share” option. This will open up the share menu.
- And now, a pop-up box will appear on your screen, where you can check or uncheck the option of “Allow Editing”.
- Below the pop-up box, you will see a link to the shared folder. You can copy the link for sharing it using any other app. Click on the option of “Get a link”.
- And now, you can copy the link and share it with the other people. If you want, you can also share the folder in the email. For this, you will need to click on the “Email” option in the pop-up box.
- The next step is to enter the email address of the person with whom you want to share your files. And lastly, hit the “Share” button.
So, this is how you can share the files and folders with anyone using OneDrive. You can see this is not a difficult task to complete. You just need to follow these steps carefully. Hope, you will find this article helpful. And to get more information like this, go now and check out our website to read more related articles like this.