Spotify has become one of the most popular audio and music streaming platforms. It includes thousands of music and podcast playlists from the app and other community users. Therefore, you must have noticed that people creating playlists can also customize the same by creating cover art.
Changing cover art for the playlist is no rocket science. Interestingly, you can do the same using both platforms: mobile and desktop. Additionally, anyone can access the feature, which means it’s not exclusive for Premium users.
Do you want to create custom cover art for your playlists? Here’s a guide that’ll instruct you to do the same using desktop and mobile. So, let’s get started!
Creating Custom Cover Art Using Desktop
The steps to create custom cover art on the desktop are:
- Launch the Spotify application on your PC or Mac. You can also use the web version.
- Locate any playlist from the sidebar and select the same.
- A ‘pencil’ icon will appear when you hover on the playlist. Thus, tap on the same.
- A new menu window will open for editing the playlist. Click on the ‘ellipses’ icon in the right corner of the cover.
- Click on the ‘Replace Image’ option.
- A new window will open from where you can select the image for the cover.
Note: Always use jpeg files for the playlist cover.
- Select the image and click ‘Open.’
- Tap on the ‘Save’ button to finish.
Once you’ve changed the cover, it’ll appear in the Spotify app across all your devices. If you’ve shared the playlist with others, the cover will be visible to them as well.
Creating Custom Cover Art Using Mobile
The steps to create custom cover art on mobile are:
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Click on the ‘Library’ tab at the bottom of the screen and select a playlist.
- The playlist window will open. Tap on the ‘ellipsis’ icon.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ or ‘Edit playlist’ option from the menu.
- The playlist cover will open. Click on the ‘Change Image’ option.
- Select either of the two options: Choose from the library or Take a photo.
- Once you’ve selected or captured an image, crop it into a square when prompted by the app.
- Click on the ‘Choose’ button.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
This is it! It is a simple process to change or customize the playlist cover. Now that you’re familiar with the process of changing the cover for playlists using desktop or mobile, get creative and start customizing.