When it comes to education in India, B.Com is considered one of the top courses. It is a very popular course in the field of finance. Students study money management and investment in this course.
This article defines every aspect of B.Com and its admission procedure, selection criteria, and top B.Com colleges.
Colleges in India, conduct B.Com admissions when students scored the marks in the qualifying examination. If you have scored higher, there will be a better chance of grabbing a seat in one of the top colleges.
A Bachelor of commerce is an undergraduate degree in commerce and related subjects. It is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills.
B.Com’s duration is 3 years. Candidates can pursue it regularly as well as distance. Most Universities plan this degree keeping in mind the major degree. Students are exposed to business principles. B.Com includes several subjects such as accounting, finance, business management, human resources, and marketing as well. B.Con designed to provide and build competence in a particular area of business.
B.Com Admission Eligibility Criteria
Common Eligibility Criteria for B.Com Admission in India are:
- Candidate must have to complete intermediate level of education or equivalent recognized board,
- The minimum percentage varies from college to college.
- No specific stream requirement for this program.
- For some colleges, candidates should clear entrance exams.
B.Com Admissions Selection Process
Different steps at different institutions are required to get selected at the colleges. The process can be to qualify entrance exam or giving direct admission on the basis of an intermediate score. Two ways to secure admission in colleges.
- Direct Admission B.Com- Through this way, candidates are selected on the basis of intermediate percentage.
- For this, you have to apply to the college and university.
- After the 12th results, the cutoff is announced by colleges.
- If you have scored more than or equal to cutoff you will get selected.
- B.Com admission through Entrance Exam- Here, Candidates are selected on the basis of most marks obtained in entrance exams. For this, we have to apply to colleges. College schedules the entrance exam. When the results are out, the institution releases cut off or merit list.