When you connect an iPhone or device, it will show in File Explorer beneath the Devices and Drives section. Users can choose their iPhones in File Explorer to search via their videos and photos of the camera. But according to some users, they are complaining that when they connect their iPhones, it does not show in File Explorer. If you are one of those who deal with the same issue, then follow this blog.
Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver
To reinstall the Apple mobile device driver, pursue these on-screen steps provided below:
- At first, connect the phone to the laptop or desktop.
- Thereafter, reach the Windows search bar and type ‘device manager’ into it and press the Enter button to launch the Device Manager.
- Go to the category of ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ option and click on it.
- You should select the ‘Apple Mobile Device USB Driver’ option and click twice on it to invoke its properties screen.
- Then choose the tab of Driver and then click on the button of ‘Uninstall Device.’
- Later, click on the button of Uninstall over the verification box that invokes.
- Now, disconnect your iPhone from the system.
- Finally, plug your iPhone with the system again to reinstall the driver.
Reinstall the iTunes App
To reinstall iTunes, pursue these on-screen steps provided below:
- Hold the Win and R hotkeys simultaneously over the keyboard to launch the Run prompt.
- Thereafter, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ into it and select the OK button to invoke the ‘Programs and Features’ screen.
- You should click on the iTunes option and hit the Uninstall button.
- Now, hit the ‘Yes’ button to give further verification for the program removal.
- Additionally, users will also require to uninstall Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, and Apple Software Update through the applet of ‘Programs and Features Control Panel’ much similar.
- Later, reboot the system once you uninstall the Apple program.
- Now, hit the button of ‘Get’ over the application page of iTunes UWP.
Look at the iTunes Folder Permissions
To look at the iTunes folder permissions, pursue these on-screen steps provided below:
- To invoke the File Explorer, hold the Win and E keys altogether on the keyboard.
- Then choose the Music option over the left-hand side of the File Explorer.
- Go to the subfolder of iTunes and right-click on it, then choose the Properties option.
- You should untick the box of ‘Read-only whether it’s ticked and click on the button of Apply.
- After that, select the tab of Security.
- Afterward, hit the button of Edit to invoke the screen.
- You have to choose the ‘Full Control’ option and every permit boxes beneath the ‘Permissions for SYSTEM’ section.
- Now, untick the marked boxes whether you are unable to set the allowed settings.
- Later, click on the option of Apply.
- Finally, hit the OK button to shut the screen.