How to change PayPal password and why is it important to change your password periodically? We will outline the process of how to reset or change your PayPal password in simple steps.
We all know what PayPal is and how important it has become for managing digital payments across the globe. PayPal is a US-based company with more than 300 million accounts ( both personal and business ) who use it almost on a daily basis to make online money transfer across the world.
And because your PayPal account can store your money and either has your bank account or credit card attached to it, it becomes extremely important that you secure your account with a strong password which you change regularly.
How To Change PayPal password on app
You can change the password of your PayPal account by following process outlines below:
- Open the PayPal app and log in to your account with username and password.
- Tap on the Settings option which is located on the top-right side of the screen.
- In the Manage My Account option, select Privacy and Security and choose Change Password.
- Enter the Current Password of the PayPal account.
- Type the new password of the account and provide confirmation by re-entering it.
Changing the PayPal password on the browser
On facing problem in changing the PayPal password with the above method, you can also opt the method of changing the password with the application of the browser by following this process.
- Open the browser application on the android or iOS device.
- Launch the PayPal website.
- Navigate to the Log In section.
- Enter the Username and Password of the PayPal account.
- Click on the Settings option and choose Security.
- Click on the Change option adjacent to password.
- Confirm the existing password by entering it.
- Create a new password and give confirmation.
PayPal password change with the recovery process
You can also reset the password by recovering the PayPal account with this process.
- Open any browser app and visit PayPal website.
- In the Log In section and enter the Email or Phone Number.
- Tap on having trouble logging in option and choose the recovery method as Email ID, Phone Number or Security Questions.
- Verify the identity by entering the recovery code or answering the security questions.
- Create a new password and provide confirmation.
On facing any problem in the process of PayPal Change Password, get the required assistance by contacting the customer support of PayPal.