Remember the days when changing the text message tone on Samsung phones was easy. But as the technology has progressed with the newer versions of Android. Even simple things like changing the message tone have become complicated. Now, when you go to the Samsung Messages app setting. You can not find a direction through which you can customize the message tone. But it doesn’t mean you cannot customize your message tone or set a custom contact tune. The only thing you have to do is dig a little deeper. So, let’s dive in and see how to change the message tone on Samsung Galaxy phones. We will also provide you with tips on how to add custom message sound on the Samsung Galaxy phone.
Changing Message Sound on Samsung Messages App
How to change SMS tone for all contacts:
- Firstly, launch the Samsung Messages app and tap on the three-dot icon. Select settings from the menu.
- After that, select the notifications. You will see all sorts of different notification settings. Tap on the text of the new message and do not tap on its toggle if you have a dual sim select the sim for whichever you want to change the message tone.
- Lastly, just tap on the sound and choose the notification tone of your choice.
How to change SMS tone for individual contacts
- Again launch the Samsung messages app and open the chat of that particular contact whose notification tone you want to change.
- After that, tap on the three-dot that you see on the top right corner of your screen and select notification sound.
Change Message Tone on Google Messages App
How to customize text sound for all Contacts:
- Firstly, launch the Google Messages app and then tap on the three-dot icon on the right side of your screen. Then choose settings.
- After that, tap on Notifications. Then you will be taken to the notification settings screen. You will see incoming messages, tap on that and not the toggle beside that.
- Lastly, tap on Sound. Once you tap on the sound, a list of available notification tones will show up. Select the one you like and put it as your customized sound for contacts.
How to add and set custom message sound on Samsung galaxy phone
There are times when you are trying to change the message tone on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone, but it only lists the pre-installed tones. It does not provide any option to add custom tones. However, we have brought you a workaround that will allow you to add tones in the notification folder of your internal storage.
The steps for this involve the My Files app, or you can use any File Explorer of your liking. Here we go:
- Firstly, open the My Files app and go to the folder where you have downloaded your notification tone.
- Keep holding the tone until a few options appear. Click on Move and then on Internal Storage that is present at go to the main folder option.
- Now you have to click on Notifications by scrolling down and then tap on the option of Move here. You also have the alternative option of copy-paste rather than moving.
- Lastly, open your Messages app and go to Notification Settings. Here that added tone will appear in the list. You just have to tap on it to make it the default tone.
So, if you are bored of your generic old message tones on your Samsung Galaxy devices. Here are some of the ways by which you can change the notification sound. But also, you can make the most of the notification system on Android.
Elisa Wilson is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world .