Digital Marketing is at the forefront of marketing techniques these days, with more and more businesses understanding the importance of having an online presence. More people are using the internet for their day-to-day mundane tasks, so why shouldn’t businesses reap the benefits and tap into the potential of customers who are out there?
In order to make your Digital Marketing efforts successful, you need to have a good Digital Marketing Strategy, which is a plan outlining how you intend to achieve your business goals through online channels. This will include specifying what channels you will be using, what techniques or methods you want to employ, and your intended budget for these activities.
A Digital Marketing Strategy provides a guideline for your business, on how to achieve its goals, whether it is to gain new customers, retain existing customers, increase sales, tc. Planning an effective Digital Marketing Strategy may not be easy, as it requires experience and know-how. Essentially, it is knowing exactly what techniques and methods will most suit each one of your business goals. If you are a business based in Melbourne, this is why you will need the services of a good Digital Marketing Agency in Melbourne.
How do you create a Digital Marketing Strategy? In order to have an effective strategy, you should follow the following steps.
- Define your brand.
- Define your customer personas.
- Create measurable, achievable, realistic goals, that are specific in nature.
- Choose which Digital Marketing strategies are best suited for your business.
- Set a budget.
- Create a plan.
- Launch your campaigns.
- Track and monitor progress.
Once you create a plan together with your partner Digital Marketing Agency, you are one step closer to achieving your goals and growing your business.
There are many Digital Marketing strategies that can be used, both individually or as a combination, in order to take your business to the next level. These include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO is a method of organically creating traffic to your website by improving your website’s ranking on search engines, using keywords that are highly relevant to the business. The higher the rankings you get, the more potential customers will see you and get familiar with your brand. SEO aims at getting highly relevant and highly targeted traffic. So the traffic you generate from SEO strategies is those people who are actively showing an interest in your products and services.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) – PPC is paid to advertise. When a customer searches for similar products and services online using very specific keywords, your advertisements will be displayed to them at the top of search results. In PPC you need to bid for the keywords that you want your ads to be displayed for. PPC is very cost-effective because you only pay when someone clicks on your advertisement, so you are paying for results and not specific ad space. In addition, the traffic generated through PPC campaigns is highly targeted because these are people who are ready to buy your products and services, and not just browsing around. PPC is not only good at increasing traffic and conversions but is also a good method to increase brand awareness.
- Content Marketing – Content Marketing aims at reaching potential customers through engaging and informative content, such as blogs, infographics, etc. such content should provide value for the customer by way of information that they may be seeking. A good content marketing strategy will be able to not only increase traffic to your website but increase conversions as well. In addition, they create greater visibility for your business on online platforms.
- Social Media Marketing – Social Media Marketing aims at creating brand awareness and thereby increasing traffic and conversions, through social media sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc. Social Media Marketing is the ideal way to create greater engagement with your customers, and another platform for paid advertising. People spend a lot of their free time on social media sites, so why shouldn’t businesses use this as a means of reaching out to them?
- Video Marketing – Video Marketing is very much similar to content marketing, and involves creating engaging and informative videos for their target audience. This can include videos with tutorials, instructions, details about events, etc. They create brand awareness which can lead to higher traffic and conversion rates. Videos have been found to be more appealing than plain written content, and let’s face it, we all love watching a video or two in our free time.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing strategies are generally used for customer retention and retargeting purposes. It is the ideal way to ‘keep in touch’ with your customers by way of updates on product catalogs, updated information regarding your business, details on sales and offers, etc. Email marketing is the best way to retarget those customers who had visited your site before but did not convert to a sale. By sending them emails you can rekindle the interest they had in your products and services, and the increased brand awareness will create familiarity with your brand and business. Email marketing is also a very cost-effective method of digital marketing.
- Voice Search Optimization – Voice Search is one of the latest technologies used by businesses in their digital marketing strategy. It means optimizing your website’s content for voice search. Many people use voice assistants on their mobile devices to search for things on the internet, as it is easy and convenient, hence optimizing your content for voice search can have many benefits for your business, such as high rankings in search results, increased online visibility, and increased traffic and conversions.
Employing these Digital Marketing strategies for your business has many advantages, including:
- Increased traffic to your website.
- Increased brand awareness.
- Driving traffic to your storefront.
- Increased conversions and revenue.
Don’t be left behind. Get ahead of your competition with Digital Marketing today!