In case you are currently using the previous or old versions of Windows, such as Windows 7 or even earlier, then you might be using the Windows Live Mail service. Although the email client is now officially ended, a few computer users are still using the service and have complained about the WLDCore.dll missing message at the community forum of Microsoft.
The complete error message might appear like this: Your application can’t be started since WLDCore.dll is missing from your system. Make sure to reinstall the application to solve this issue.
In case you are also facing the same error message while accessing the Windows Live Mail app, then go through this complete article and you would be able to end up with solving the error message.
How to Fix WLDCore.dll is missing Error Message?
Method 1: Manually Copy and Move WLDCore.dll
- Head to File Explorer on your computer.
- Then head to the C drive.
- Now navigate to the Program Files (x86).
- Then find and open the Windows LiveShared folder.
- In case you got a 64-bit operating system, simply open the Windows Live folders in the Program Files folder.
- Head to the Shared folder.
- Now look for the WLDCore.dll file and then make a Right-click on it.
- Press on the Copy option.
- Now, head back to the C drive.
- Then go to Program Files (x86).
- Then open the Windows LiveMessenger folder.
- Right-click on the Messenger folder.
- Press on the Paste option.
- Now go to the following file directories too and then paste the same copied file in the C: Program Files (x86)Windows LiveContacts location.
- Then head to the C: Program Files (x86)Windows LiveMail file path on the File Explorer.
- Right-click and then press on the Paste option.
- Now make sure to close the program completely.
- Run it again and then see if the error message WLDCore.dll is Missing is resolved or not. If the message continues, then keep on following the next methods.
Method 2: Repair the Windows Live Mail Application
- Hit the Start + R keys altogether on your keyboard to trigger the Run program.
- Put in appwiz.cpl and then hit Enter.
- This will open the Control Panel application.
- Find the Windows Essential 2012 program icon and then choose it.
- Make a tap on Uninstall/Change.
- When you get into the Uninstall or repair Windows Essentials programs tab, press the Repair all Windows Essentials programs link.
- Now the troubleshooter program will initiate a scan on the Window Live Mail program and will look for the ongoing issues.
- The troubleshooter will fix the occurring issues on its own and then when the repair is finished, exit the Control Panel window.
- Re-run the Windows Live Mail program.
Method 3: Reinstalling the Windows Live Mail Program
First of all, download the Windows Live Mail software package archived version from the official site. Now that we know Microsoft has suspended the Windows 7 and older operating system as well as the support page for the older programs like Window Live Mail, you can’t download it from the official source. So firstly, download it from a third party software provider website then follow the steps given here:
- Head to Control Panel.
- Visit Programs.
- Make a tap on Programs and Features.
- Choose the Windows Live Mail program.
- Head to the Uninstall option.
- Obey the on-screen instructions to finish the removing process.
- Now head to the Downloads folder and navigate to Live Mail installation package file.
- Launch the installer file of Windows Live Mail and go through with the onscreen prompts.
- When the installation completes, reboot the computer.
- Open the Windows Live Mail application and see if the error persists.