Gears of War 4 is one of the most popular shooter video games all over the world given by The Coalition. This game is compatible with Windows and Xbox One platforms. However, some gamers are complaining about this game. They said when they try to play this game, and suddenly the black screen comes out on their systems. So, if you are having the same trouble, here are some fixes mentioned below.
Check the Newest Updates
To check the newest updates, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- First and foremost, invoke the Settings application on your system.
- After that, click on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- You should reach the right-hand side panel and select the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Now, Windows will look for available updates and download them in the system’s background.
Update the Graphics Card Drivers
To update the graphics card drivers, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the Settings application on your system and select it.
- Thereafter, type ‘device manager’ into the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Once invoked the Device Manager, browse for the display adapter and then extend it.
- Now, choose the GPU, right-click on it then choose the Update driver option.
Attempt to Download a Different Game via the MS Store
To attempt to download a different game via the MS Store, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the Search bar on your system.
- Thereafter, type ‘store’ into it and press the Enter key to open the Microsoft Store app.
- Then, you should attempt to download any game via the MS Store.
- After that, the download procedure will start.
- You have to wait for a while and hit the downside arrow button beside the profile image.
- Finally, hit the ‘X’ button to prevent the download process.
Ensure that you are Signed in to the Xbox Application with a Right Email
To ensure that you are logged in to the Xbox application with the right email, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- To invoke the Search bar, use the Win and S hotkeys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- After that, type ‘Xbox’ into it and press the Enter key to open the Xbox app.
- Once launched the Xbox application, log out of it.
- To do that, select the Settings option in the left side panel.
- Then, reach the right-side panel and choose the ‘Sign out’ option.
- You should select ‘Sign in.’ In case you are requested to log in with the Microsoft account, then hit the ‘Not You’ option on the upper left side of the screen.
- After that, choose the ‘Use a different account’ option and hit the Continue button.
- Finally, input the password and email, and you can be signed in to the Xbox application.
Don’t Forget to Use the Dedicated Graphics to Launch the Game
To check the dedicated graphics to launch the game, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- Go to the ‘Nvidia Control Panel’ and launch it on your device.
- After that, reach the left panel and choose the ‘Manage 3D settings’ option.
- Then go to the right-side panel and click on the ‘Program Settings’ option.
- You should find ‘Gears of War 4’ on the list. Otherwise, hit the Add option when it’s not available.
- Later, adjust the ‘Select the preferred graphics processor for this program’ option to a High-performance Nvidia processor.
- Finally, hit the Apply button to apply the changes.
Turn on the Offline Permissions Feature
To turn on the offline permissions feature, follow these on-screen step by step instructions provided below:
- Launch the Microsoft Store on your system.
- Thereafter, select the More option on the upper right side of the screen.
- Then select the ‘Settings’ option via the menu.
- Finally, find the ‘Offline Permissions’ option and turn it on.