Google Photos is one of the well-known and widely used services of Google, which millions of users use worldwide. It is home to all of your media files. For years, Google Photos has been an excellent service for all users worried about the storage capacity on their devices. Finally, the platform has decided to end the free storage service it provides to its users. As per the information, Google Photos will charge for storage once you have crossed the limit of 15 gigs, and the users will be able to experience this change from June 1st, 2021. It is also planning to introduce some new policy changes like deleting data from the accounts that have not been logged in for at least two years.
Google Photos provides you with various great features that anyone can easily use. It also allows you to check how much storage space you have left on your account. Are you also one of the users of this storage service? Want to know how much storage space you have left in Google Photos? If yes, then here, you will be provided with the method for that. In the following article, we have explained the complete procedure in detail through which you will know how you can check storage space left in Google Photos. So, please read this full article to get to the process.
The Procedure for Checking Storage Space Left in Google Photos
Google Photos storage service can be used on all devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. And as a user of this service, there are some important points that you need to note, like all the photos and documents that you will upload before June 1st, 2020 will not be counted against that 15GB limit. And that means you have some time left to decide if you want to continue using the service or switch to another cloud storage service. Many users are disappointed with this change. Now that Google will soon bring up this change, you definitely should know how much storage space you have left. Many Google Photos users don’t know how they can check the storage space left on their accounts. And for them, we have come up with this post. So, by following the below-mentioned procedure, you will be able to know that with much ease.
Here’s how you can check how much storage space you have left in Google Photos:
The Steps for Checking the Storage Space Left in Google Photos on Android, iOS, and Windows Computer
To check the Storage Space left in Google Photos using any Android, iOS, and Windows computer, please follow these steps:
- To get started, first of all, the device that is signed in to your Google account is required. You can use any of the devices, including Android, iOS, or Windows computer.
- On your device, now you will need to launch the Google Photos app, after which you will be able to view your latest photos and videos along with the media files from previous years.
- Now, navigate to the top right corner of your screen and click or tap on your Google Account image. You will now reach your account settings page.
- After reaching the next page, scroll down and navigate to the section of “Account Storage.”
- There you will be able to see how much storage space you have left to use. Here, you will also see a warning message informing how much space you have left. If you see a lot of red color in the bar, that means you are near to your maximum storage limit.
- And if you want to get more additional information, tap or click on the section. Here, you can also estimate how much longer will that 15 GB of storage last.
This is how you can get to know how much storage space you have left in Google Photos. According to Google, it will notify users who are either near or over their limited storage capacity. You will also be able to use a variety of new tools that will help you delete your older and unwanted pictures. The new tools will point out the photos that you have backed up already. And it will also notify you about the blurry images that you may want to delete.
If you are a Google Pixel smartphone user, you can continue uploading high-quality pictures to your account, and the service will not count it in the cloud storage space. The users who have reached that 15GB of storage limit and don’t want to lose their data will have to subscribe to a Google One account to get more storage space. The price of the subscription plan starts at $1.99 for a month to get 100GB of storage space. And if you want more storage, you will have to pay additional charges.
So, this was all about how you can manage and check the storage space left in Google Photos on your devices. Try the steps now. And to know more about Google Photos, you can visit our website.