Linksys is most known for its high-performing devices and better services. It comes with various extender models to fulfill all your needs. Here, we will know more about the Linksys re6700 setup process. It comes with advanced technologies to make it easy to do the setup and login. You will be able to resolve the issues with your RE6700 extender using troubleshooting steps.
Before getting started with the Linksys Extender RE6700 Setup
If you want to have the fastest internet speed and larger coverage around your house, you need to do the Linksys extender re6700 setup. Before getting started with the setup procedure, you need to do a few things listed below.
- Make sure that your router’s wireless network is working.
- You need to have the default username and password for the login process.
- The device should be properly connected to your power outlet.
- You need to wait till you see the orange light blinking and then get started with the setup.
Guidelines for the Linksys Extender re6700 setup
It is not a hard thing to do the Linksys extender re6700 login and setup, you can easily do it with the steps provided below. Check out the instructions.
- First of all, you need to make a connection between your range extender and your computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Then open a browser and enter the web address extender.linksys.com and click enter.
- You can also use 192.168.1.1 if the web address is not working.
- Now, you will see the setup page. There, you have to click on the start setup to proceed.
- Then, you have to select “as a wireless range extender”.
- With that, you will find the network name of your Wi-Fi and you have to enter the password to connect to it.
- You will see the instructions on the screen, follow that and complete the configuration of your device.
- Your Linksys device comes with the spot finder, use that to find the better location.
- Now, you have to create the admin password for your network
- In the end, click on the Save button and you are all done with the setup process
- With that, you have completed the setup process.
Troubleshooting the Linksys Extender RE6700 setup issues
If you are using your Linksys device for the first time, you might face some of the common issues with your extender. But, there is nothing to be worried about. These issues can be resolved easily with troubleshooting methods. Follow the steps below and get your issues resolved.
- If you are doing setup and you are stuck in between, you can power cycle your router and extender.
- If you have a login issue, you can check if you are entering the correct login details or the correct web address.
- If you still can’t load the login page, you can restart your browser or clear the caches and cookies.
- If you see the red light indicator blinking orange, that means you have placed your extender far from the router.
- If you are still unable to resolve the issues, you can do the Linksys re6700 reset.
- For the reset process, you need to locate the reset button on your extender and then press it with the small paper pin.
- Hold it for a few seconds and then release it. Your device will be reset to the factory default version.
- You have to configure your device again for high-speed internet.
This article will be a great help when you want to do the Linksys re6700 setup and login. You will be able to resolve the issues that you face while doing the setup with the troubleshooting steps. If you have any query or want to know more about your device, you can contact us on our toll-free number.