Apple is well known and a much popular brand that provides various great products and services to millions of users all over the world. iPhones, iPads, Mac devices, and Apple Watches are the most demanded products of this company. All of the Apple products are well known for providing the best experience to all of its users. For instance, MacBooks include a lot of great features that make computing work much easier for its users. MacBooks are used for multiple purposes. The MacBook comes with a clean and elegant design, and they are also super easy to use for any purpose. And now, the latest MacBook devices that this company produces include an M1 chip.
And these devices have now picked up a new trick from the iPad keyboard. Now, the function key on the MacBook’s keyboard works as an emoji picker. And enabling or disabling this emoji shortcut is also super easy.
Are you also a MacBook user? Want to know how you can enable or disable the emoji shortcut for your MacBook’s keyboard? If you are a new user of a MacBook device, then you might not be aware of how to use the emoji shortcut. And if that is the exact situation, then you are on the right page now. In the following article, we are going to show you how any MacBook user will be able to enable/disable the emoji shortcut on their device. So, if you want to get to the method, you must read this entire post.
The Method for Enabling/Disabling Emoji Shortcut for MacBook
Nowadays, using emojis for expressing our current mood, emotions or feelings has become quite popular. In fact, they make our conversations more fun and interesting. One can use the emojis on any of their devices with just a couple of quick taps on the keyboard icon. Here, we have mentioned the proper procedure for using the emoji shortcut on a MacBook device. So, let’s see the methods now:
The Steps to Enable the Emoji Shortcut for MacBook’s Keyboard
Here are the steps through which any MacBook user can easily enable the emoji shortcut on their device:
- Firstly, go to the “Apple” icon given in the top-left corner of your screen and then click on it.
- From the available options that you can see appearing on your screen, click on the “System Preferences.”
- After this, click on the keyboard icon after reaching the next screen. And at last, click on the box placed next to the option of “Show keyboard and emoji viewer in Menu Bar.” And that’s all you will have to do to enable the emoji shortcut for your MacBook’s keyboard.
The Steps to Disable the Emoji Picker on MacBook
Here’s how you can disable the emoji shortcut for your MacBook’s keyboard:
- Navigate to the Apple icon given in the top-left corner of your screen.
- From the menu, go to the option of “System Preferences” and click on it.
- And after you reach the System Preferences section, you will have to click on the “Keyboard” icon.
- And now, click on the drop-down menu given next to the globe icon.
- And finally, from the appearing options, you will have to click on the “Do Nothing,” which will stop opening the emoji shortcut on pressing the fn or globe key.
So, that is how any MacBook user will be able to enable or disable the emoji shortcut on their device. And that’s it for now. Try the steps now if you also own a MacBook device. And if you wish to explore more features of the MacBook, you can go through the website.
Source: How to Enable/Disable Emoji