These days, we all share a lot of personal information on our social media accounts. Undoubtedly, whether it’s Facebook, WhatsApp, or Instagram, they all are a great platform to interact with the world. But sharing too much of your information on these platforms can also harm you. And nowadays, the cases of scams and identity theft are increasing day by day. And that is why we need to be more careful while sharing any information on our social media. For some people, deleting their social media accounts might be the simplest solution to protect their online privacy and security. The process of deleting your social media accounts depends on the social networking service you are using. And here, we are going to provide you with the procedure to delete or deactivate your Instagram account.
Are you also an Instagram user and want to delete or deactivate your account? Don’t know how to do so? If that is the case, then you can get the method to perform this task in this article. Here, we have explained the technique that you are going to follow to delete your Instagram account. So, to get the instructions, you must read this complete post.
The Technique for Deleting an Instagram Account
There may be many reasons why you are deleting your Instagram account. But performing this task is much simpler and straightforward. And you can do so using any of your devices. Even though Instagram is the most popular and widely used social networking app among millions of users. But, if you still want to delete your account for any reason, you will need to follow the steps mentioned in this article. Please take a look at the below-mentioned instructions to get started with the task:
Please note that you will not be able to delete your Instagram account through the app. You will have to use a web browser for this purpose. Here’s how you can do so:
- First of all, open any web browser on your device and head to the official Instagram website.
- And now, log into your account with your email ID and password.
- After this, go through the profile button located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- And then, select the option of “Edit Profile” next to your profile picture and username.
- After you reach the next window, you will have to select the link stating, “Temporarily disable my account.”
- And next, you will be asked to select a reason for deleting your account.
- After selecting a reason, re-enter your password and then navigate the option that says “Temporary Disable Account.” And that’s all. You can also delete your account permanently by following the same steps. And at last, you will have to click or tap on the option that says “Permanently delete my account.”
This way, you will be able to delete or deactivate your Instagram account. So, now, you know the procedure. Try the steps now, and in case you face any problems, please do let us know.