Do you own a Chromebook computer? Want to enable dark mode on your Chromebook? These computers are the most reliable and cheapest devices that run the Linux-based Chrome OS operating system. Nowadays, Chromebook computers are in great demand all over the world. You can use these computers for various purposes. And recently, Google has added another great feature for its Chromebook users to provide them with a more improved experience. Earlier, Chromebook computers did not have the functionality of dark mode. However, the company has provided the opportunity to the users to test the feature through Chrome OS Canary Channel. It seems that Google is now finally ready to introduce the official version of this feature to the Chrome OS users. Do you want to know how you can enable dark mode on your Chromebook computer? Want some tips?
Any of the Chromebook users can easily enable the dark mode feature on their computers? If you have just purchased a new Chromebook, you might not know how to enable the feature. If that is the case, then you don’t have to worry now. Here, in the following article, we will provide you with the method through which you can easily activate the dark mode feature on your Chromebook computer. So, read the full article and get the techniques to complete the task.
The Process for Enabling the Dark Mode Feature on a Chromebook
Nowadays, the functionality of dark mode has become the most essential and much-demanded feature. Now, you can find this functionality in almost all the operating systems. And not only in the operating systems but also in many apps like Facebook, Google Suite, and WhatsApp. The Chromebook users were also demanding the feature for some time. And now, they are finally getting this feature. We all spend a large part of our day using our devices for different purposes. And we might not realize the fact, but that is affecting our well-being, especially our eyes. That is why the importance and demand for the dark mode feature are increasing. The dark mode functionality reduces eye strain and makes working more comfortable and more accessible for you. It also saves the battery on your devices and improves the general readability, especially at night.
Now, to enable the dark mode feature on your Chromebook, all you need to do is go through the guide that we have mentioned in this article. Here, we have mentioned the method step-wise so that you can effortlessly complete the task. Here’s how you can enable the dark mode on your Chromebook computer:
The Steps to Enable the Dark Mode on Your Chromebook
If you want to activate the dark mode feature on your Chromebook computer, you will have to go through the following steps:
- To get started with the task, firstly, start your Chromebook computer, and then you will have to open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Now, you need to open the Flag settings in the Chrome browser. To do this, you have to enter the following URL in the address bar provided at the top of your Chromebook screen. Enter this URL: “chrome://flags.”
- And after this, on the next screen, you will need to search for the flags “Force Dark Mode and WebUI Dark Mode.” Activate both the flags to proceed further.
- Alternatively, you can also enable both the flags by entering the following URLs in the address bar. Enter “chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark” and “chrome://flags/#enable-webui-dark-mode”
You need to enter both the URLs one by one. And that’s all. Please do note that the feature is still not fully developed, so it is not entirely ready. And, there are some chances that you might encounter a few bugs while enabling the feature. And if you ever want to disable the feature, here’s how you can do so:
The Steps to Disable the Dark Mode Feature on a Chromebook
To disable the dark mode feature on your Chromebook, you will have to go through the following steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook computer and then go through the Flag settings.
- To open the Flag settings, enter the following URL in the address bar: “chrome://flags.”
- After reaching the next screen, you will have to disable the flags to deactivate the dark mode feature. For this, you need to enter the following URL in the address bar: “chrome://flags/#disable-force-dark” and “chrome://flags/#disable-webui-dark-mode”
And that’s all. This is how any Chromebook user can enable or disable the dark mode feature on their computer. If you are also a Chromebook user, try these steps now and share your experience with us. And if you wish to get more detailed information like this, you can take a tour of our website.