Do you ever need to leave your computer open while working on some important project? We all store sensitive data on our devices, and that is why we should handle them with more care. Well, if you use Windows 10 on your computer system, then there is a way through which you can lock your desktop screen quickly whenever you have to leave your computer open in any circumstances. Do you want to know how to do so? Do you also use the Windows 10 operating system on your computer? If you want to know the method for locking your Windows 10 computer quickly with a shortcut, then you must explore this complete article. The following post will show you how you can use a shortcut to lock your Windows 10 PC. So, to get to the procedure, please stay on the page to read this complete article.
To lock your Windows 10 PC using a shortcut, firstly, you will need to create one, after which you can quickly lock your Windows PC desktop screen. To do this, you will need to go through the procedure mentioned in this article. It’s the best option to lock your computer when you are stepping away from it, even for a very short duration. So, here’s how you can lock your Windows 10 PC using a shortcut:
The Procedure for Locking Windows 10 PC Using a Shortcut
By locking your Windows computer with a shortcut, you can ensure your device’s complete safety and security. Any Windows 10 user can easily and quickly lock their computer system with a shortcut. Here, we have mentioned the complete procedure step-wise. So, here’s how you can lock your Windows 10 PC with a shortcut:
- To get started, go to the desktop screen of your computer and then right-click anywhere in the blank area.
- Now, from the menu appearing on your screen, select the option of “New.”
- After clicking on the new option, you will be able to see a secondary drop-down menu in which you will have to click on the option of “Shortcut.”
- And now, a new window will open up on your screen. Here, you will have to click on the “Type the location of the item” textbox and then type the following text: “Rund1132.exe user32.d11, LockWorkStation.”
- And next, you will have to type in the name of the shortcut. You can assign any name to your created shortcut. For instance, name it as “Lock PC.”
- At last, complete the procedure by clicking on the “Finish” button. And that’s all.
And now, after following all the steps, you will be able to see your created shortcut icon on your desktop. To lock your computer, you will have to double-click on the icon. So, this way, you can lock your Windows 10 PC with a shortcut. And that’s all for now. Keep following our website to get all the tech-related information.