Do you use an iPhone, iPad, or any other iOS device? Many Apple device users prefer to use the Safari browser for web surfing. Safari browser is one of the most commonly used web browsers that can be used on any iOS device. Just like all the other popular browsers, Apple’s original browsing application, Safari, also has various built-in features that any of the iOS device users can easily use for convenience. The functionality of storing passwords is also included in the Safari browser. Well, this is a common functionality that you can find in all web browsers. Often, we forget our passwords, which is completely fine because with multiple accounts, sometimes it becomes difficult to remember the details of all the accounts. But don’t worry, you can easily find your saved passwords in the Safari browser using your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer.
The Safari browser comes pre-installed on all Apple devices. And in these times, the password management tool in any web browser has become an essential service. And luckily, Apple’s Safari also provides you with this ability. When you visit any website on any web browser, it asks you to save your login credentials. And viewing and editing those stored passwords is not any difficult task. Do you also use Safari on any of your iOS devices? Want to know how you can view and edit your saved passwords? If yes, then the following article will provide you with the procedure to perform this task. So, if you want to get the methods, then please through this complete article.
The Techniques for Viewing and Editing Saved Passwords in Safari
We know how frustrating it can be when you try to log in to any site and then end up forgetting your password. A lot of people face this situation. And if you are a user of the Safari browser and want to know where you can find your saved passwords, this is the right place to look for suggestions. By following the below-mentioned techniques, you can easily perform this task. And not only this, but the browser also enables you to edit your credentials. So, here’s what you need to do to view and edit your saved passwords in the Safari browser. Please take a look at the below-mentioned instructions:
The Steps for Viewing and Editing the Saved Passwords in Safari on the iPhone and iPad
Go through the following steps to get started with the task:
- First of all, you will need to go to the Settings app on your device.
- On the settings screen, scroll down and then tap on the option of “Accounts and Passwords.”
- And now, proceed by choosing the option of “App and Website Passwords.”
- And after this, now you will be able to view all the webpages along with the username and password.
- To edit the password of any site, tap on any site.
- On the next screen, go through the option of edit that you can see in the upper-right corner of your screen. And now, you can edit the password.
- After editing the password, now save the changes by tapping on the “Done” button. And that’s all. If you see a warning icon placed next to the item, that means you have used that password on any other account. So, make sure that the password that you are using now is not already used.
And now, let’s see how you can view and edit your saved Safari passwords on your Mac computer:
The Procedure for Viewing and Editing the Saved Passwords in Safari on a Mac
If you use the browser on your Mac computer and want to view and edit your saved Safari passwords, here’s how you can do so:
- To view and edit your saved Safari passwords on your Mac computer, firstly, open the Safari browser on your computer.
- And now, navigate to the Preferences section given in the Safari menu.
- And next, you will have to select the “Passwords” tab. After this, the browser will now provide you with the list of the sites saved for your logins.
- If you want to view the password for an individual login, you will double-click on the password field. And now, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
- On the next screen, you can click on any website to view the password associated with it.
- To edit the details, you will have to double-click on the link. And that’s all.
So, now you know how to view and edit your saved passwords in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Try the procedure now and let us know if you face any problems. And please keep visiting our website to stay updated.