In case of Toner Level on a Brother Printer Whether it’s ink or toner, every printer will slowly run down its supply. And it’ll eventually come time to replace one or more cartridges in your printer. While Brother printers are known for their reliability and economic use of consumables
Depending on what you’re printing, different colours will run down more quickly. In this article, we want to let you in on how you can stay in front of this and keep an eye on your ink levels on your Brother printer
How can you tell if your ink cartridge is low?
Not every printer will be so clear cut about it – but one of the things we love the most about Brother printers in particular is that they have super clear displays that make it simple to interpret what is going on. Brother printers each have an LCD screen that will pop up with a notification when the levels in one or more of your cartridges is getting low.
But you may have found your way here because you’ve noticed some of the tell-tale signs that your printer cartridges are getting low. By that, we mean that you might have noticed some patchiness or off hues – without your printer telling you anything.
If you haven’t yet been prompted with a notification that your ink levels are getting low, it’s important that you check. Because these signs might just be low ink levels, or they could be a sign that there’s something wrong with your printer.
Checking your printer ink levels manually
Depending on whether your Brother printer has a touch screen or not, there are two ways to manually check the ink levels on your printer without actually opening up your printer.
For regular screens:
- Press the ‘Menu’ button
- Press either ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ until you get to ‘Ink’ or ‘Ink Management’. Press ‘OK’.
- Press either ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ until you reach ‘Ink Volume’.
- There you’ll see how each cartridge is fairing. Press ‘Exit’ or ‘Stop’ to back out.
For touch screens:
- Press either ‘Left’ or ‘Right’ arrow keys until ‘Ink’ is displayed.
- Press the image with the row of colours.
- Press ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ until you reach ‘Ink Volume’. Press ‘Ink Volume’
- There you will see how much ink each cartridge has left.
- Press ‘Stop’ or ‘Exit’ to resume normal.