Microsoft Office is arguably the world’s best and most utilized PC application, and it is also available to Mac users. The Office suite is a must application for the students, corporations, and businesses. Its top-notch features are just outstanding and make the process simple.
If you are using older Microsoft Office and wish to update to the latest version, you have landed on the right website. In this article, you will learn how to check for updates on Microsoft Office and then install the updates.
Updating Microsoft Office on Windows and Mac
By updating your Office apps, you can get the latest features and experience the newest UI. Also, the latest updates carry some fixes for reported bugs and glitches. Let’s learn how to update Office apps.
Turning On Automatic Updates
Do you know that Microsoft Office comes with the automatic update feature? Not only that, but the automatic update feature is also enabled by default in most Office apps. However, if you have turned off the automatic update for Office apps, you should enable it to make sure the app automatically downloads and installs the latest updates.
Let’s learn how to enable Automatic Update on MS Office on Windows:
- First, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard at the same time to launch the Run app.
- Then put in winword into the text field.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This will open the Word app on your screen.
- In the MS Office Word app, make your way to the File tab from the upper navigation method.
- Now head to the Account section located on the left side menu.
- See if the Automatic Updates are disabled.
- If you have turned off the automated update, you will see a message, “This product will not be updated.”
- To turn it on, click on the Update Options.
- Choose Enable Updates option to turn on automatic updates.
Now, whenever you will connect to the internet, Microsoft will check for updates and install if any update is available automatically.
Here how to Turn On Automatic Updates on Mac:
- On your Mac, first, find the MS Office Word app.
- Then open it.
- Once you are inside the Word app, head to the Help section from the above menu.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” option from the drop-down.
- MS Office AutoUpdate wizard will show up.
- You need to click the option saying Automatically Download and Install from the given options.
- Once this option is selected, you should save the settings.
- Close the app and the wizard.
Office apps will now update themselves automatically. Whenever Microsoft launches a new update, your Mac will update Office to the latest vision on its own.
How to Manually Download & Install Office Updates
Many users don’t prefer automated updates because sometimes it consumes a lot of internet data unintentionally in the background. It also affects the system’s performance, and the user allocated internet speed. So if you wish to manually update MS Office, follow the instructions mentioned down here:
- Open the MS Word app on your system.
- Go to File from the upper tab.
- Now head to Account from the bottom of the left side menu.
- Press on Update Options.
- Make a click on the Update Now option.
- If you have turned off updates, then first enable it, and then you will see this option.
- When you press Update Now, the Office will check for the available updates instantly.
If the updates are available, it will install them to your PC, and you will finally see a message saying that Office is up to date.
- Open Word.
- Go to Help.
- Hit the Check for Updates option.
- Click on Check for Updates once more to manually force your Mac to update the Office version.
When you keep your MS Office up to date, you will be able to use the improved version of the Office apps. It will enhance your overall productivity while using Office on your Mac or Windows PC.