The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had severe consequences for businesses and services worldwide. The impact of coronavirus on e-commerce cannot be ignored. Many offline companies have switched to online sales for normal business operations under the direction of Magento 2 Development Company.
Most industries will close, events are canceled, and business in China, Europe, and the United States are at a halt. According to a report, about half of the store owners witnessed a downward trend in online traffic for specific products. Also, 60% of retailers did not see changes in their e-commerce stores after the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
This clearly shows a somewhat confusing picture for online sellers. Let’s try to understand the real effects of COVID-19 and how Magento 2.4 migration services to get out of this situation.
What Are New The Magento 2.4 Features For Ecommerce Merchants?
Magento 2.4 has great new features that can help you redefine B2B e-commerce in this challenging situation. B2B tasks that are generally considered exhausting and time-consuming have now been wholly simplified with the release of Magento 2.4.
Control Of Expenses
Currently, multilevel approval workflows are exhausting and time-consuming. Magento realized this and built a ton of resources to meet the general requirements of B2B purchases. This feature allows B2B sellers to attract new business and increase online sales by supporting customers’ purchasing policies. B2B buyers can relish great convenience and immediate orders thanks to a simplified pre-purchase approval process. Keep track of costs for online purchases.
- The web setup wizard has been removed
- Integration of payment gateways, such as Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay – removed
- Partial word search with Elasticsearch
- Newly updated plugin to automate manual update steps
Shipping Made-easy With Seller-assistance
To take digital commerce experience to the next level, the new seller-assisted buying feature allows Magento merchants to improve user engagement and provide exceptional customer service, enabling store administrators to log in as a Magento Admin customer.
Asset Management Is More Simplified
The new digital consumer expects quick communication from merchants. To create a content-driven experience to drive user engagement, content needs to be updated regularly, which is a time-consuming process. The updated version of Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source features advanced asset management features in Magento Media Gallery with updated Adobe Stock integration that moves workflow management into the Media Gallery, saving significant time and resources for creative designers.
How Magento 2.4 Benefits To Help Sustain Your Ecommerce Business In A Pandemic?
- PWA Studio to 6.0.1 support
- Pick up in-store on request for pick up locations.
- Users can now opt to add all items from a previous shopping cart to a new shopping cart.
- Upgraded internet payments option as users can pay faster with current data stored in the browser.
- With improved Magento GraphQL APIs, merchants can build tailored experiences for all digital touchpoints.
- Adobe Stock integration to search and filter photos in the Adobe Stock Gallery 30x faster
- Improved inventory management with in-store pickup and improved product grouping functionality
In a nutshell,
These benefits and will make your business sustainable and easy to operate and keep you revenue-driven in this pandemic. Apply ecommerce strategies smartly will help you steer your business smoothly in these tough times.
Do you intend to upgrade your store to Magento 2.4 or need a strategic partner to help you build a new Magento store?
Panacea Infotech is a leading Magento partner, enabling ecommerce stores to scale up and reach new horizons.