Gmail or Google Mail is a popular email service for individuals and businesses. Millions of people use Gmail worldwide. When you create an email account with Google Mail, you get 15GB of free cloud storage to access its services, including Google Drive, Google Photos, and Gmail.
Moreover, if you want to use your Gmail for business purposes, Google allows you to add a signature to your account. You can add your phone number, website, brand name, and many other things to the signature. Now, let’s learn the ways to add a signature.
Add signature on a desktop
- To add a signature on a desktop, search for Gmail in your web browser and sign in to your account as you usually do.
- When the Gmail web interface displays, find the Settings icon. Usually, it is located in the upper right corner. Then click on it, and you will see a button See All Settings. Click on it.
- Here you will see a tab named General. Scroll to find the option Signature. On the right side of the Signature, you will see a plus icon with the written text “Create new.” Click on this button.
- A small box will appear to add a signature. Type your name for your new signature. Then you will see a large box to add more things like phone numbers, brand logos, etc., that you want to show in your Gmail signature.
Pro tip: After adding a signature to your Gmail account, you can do some creative work. Below the signature box, you will find a check box to allow signatures in a quoted text when you reply to an email. So you can tick this check box if you want to do so. You can also set your signature as a default one to use for new emails or on reply and forward. In the end, don’t forget to save the changes.
Add signature on Android and iOS devices
- Firstly, you need to download the Gmail app on your phone, open it and sign in to your account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines located at the top left corner.
- Scroll below and choose Settings.
- If you have signed in more accounts, choose the one you want to add a signature and tap on it.
- Scroll below to find the General tab. In the general tab, you will see an option named Mobile Signature. Click on it and add your name or numbers to create a signature. To add a signature to iOS devices, open the tab Signature Settings and scroll to find Mobile Signature. Then you can make your signature.
- Finally, you have to click OK to save the signature on Android devices, and on iOS devices, click on Back.
These are the ways to add signatures in Android and iOS devices along with desktops. If you have not added a signature yet, you can do so now.
Source: How to Add Signatures In Gmail