In this article, we will discuss how you can disable Fleets on Twitter for iOS and Android. Following the “Stories” feature of Snapchat, right now, almost every social media platform has introduced the “Stories” on their platform in some or other way. Be it Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and now Twitter; all these social media giants now offer this feature. It has become a more mainstream way, which is coming in use for consuming content instantly on smartphones.
Recently Twitter has added Fleets on its platform. Twitter launched ‘fleets’ similar to the ‘stories’ feature on Snapchat and Instagram. The fleets, once posted, remain for over 24 hour time intervals. Previously, Twitter had announced its plan for introducing ‘fleets’ to its platform and tested it in various parts of the world. You can easily add photos, text, and videos to the Fleets, and once posted, the Fleets will appear on the top of the home timeline of individuals. They can also be seen on the sender’s profile.
Recently Twitter has also confirmed that work regarding the live audio feature, named Spaces, is in progress, and soon it will be tested in different parts of the world. This feature aims to provide users access to express themselves in public group conversations. They can easily speak with others in the group conversation with the help of this voice chat feature.
Fleet is an excellent feature with which you can express yourself on Twitter. However, if you want to restrict its usage, Twitter gives you the option to disable it right away. Below, we have mentioned the steps with which you can disable Fleets on Twitter very easily.
Disable Fleets on Twitter
If you want to disable Fleets on the Twitter account, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- If you want to disable Twitter Fleets, you need to mute each Fleet appearing on the top of your Twitter homepage. Once you have accomplished that task, Twitter will immediately restrict the appearance of the Fleets bar on the top of your timeline.
- To mute the Fleets, long-press every Fleet and select the option “Mute @TwitterHandle.” Further click on “Mute Fleets.”
- After muting all the Fleets, the Fleets bar appearing on the top will disappear from your timeline. Twitter directly removes the Fleets from the user’s homepage rather than graying them out like Instagram.
- If you want to re-enable Fleets, visit the profiles of every Twitter Handle whom you have muted.
- Once you reach their profile page, you need to click on “Unmute,” and that particular profile will be removed from the mute list.
So, these were the steps with the help of which you can disable Twitter Fleets from iOS and Android devices. We know that this is not a native option to disable Fleets, but this method will undoubtedly help you immediately turn off Fleets on the platform. This might not be the most effective and convenient way to disable Fleets, but right now, this is the only option available.