This article will discuss how you can extract text from your images and videos on Mac. It often happens when we want to want to obtain the text that we have seen on an image or at any instance in a video clip. At that moment, we try to note it down by typing it on our Notes app or any other text editor. No doubt, this method takes a fair amount of your precious time, and alongside that, you have to be very careful while you are writing down the things you have seen.
Thankfully, there’s a possible way that you can use for extracting text from pics and video clips on your Mac. With this method, you will be able to extract the text in only a couple of seconds. Before we proceed to know more about this method, please be noted that it works only with the English language. However, it can work with other Latin alphabetical languages too, but you may see errors with some special characters in the transcript.
Extract Text from Images and Videos on Mac
In the above discussion, we have mentioned only about pics and video clips, but the method we will discuss works almost everywhere. It simply means you can even use this method for extracting text from graphics, PowerPoints, EPUB readers, and more.
To make the extraction of the text possible, from images, videos, and more, we are going to have hands-on the third-party app named TextSniper. The app can be obtained directly from its official website at a price of $6.49 or from the Mac App Store for $8.99. Once you have purchased the application, follow the below-mentioned steps to use it for text extraction:
- After purchasing the app, you need to download and install it.
- Once you have installed TextSniper, you need to launch it by clicking on its respective icon appearing in the menu bar.
- Further, tap on the “Menu” icon. You may also press the keyboard shortcut “Command+Shift+2.”
- A screenshot similar to the window selection tool will appear on your screen that you need to use for selecting the text that needs to be copied.
- The selected text will get copied on your clipboard.
- You can then make use of it anywhere as desired.
So, this was all about how you can copy text from images, videos, graphics, presentations, and more on Mac. With TextSniper, the task of copying the text becomes too easy to be carried out, as you will not have to type the text manually.