Numerous users around the world have already decided to delete their WhatsApp account and switch to Signal app. Signal is also an online messaging app where users can share media, documents and can talk on both audio and video calls. But before deleting WhatsApp account, taking backup is really necessary. Exporting conversation individually is such a tough task, but creating a backup file of certain conversation is something that every user can do. Here’s the guide to creating a backup.
If anyone is leaving WhatsApp from their recent privacy changes, then it’s the right time to export the conversation before leaving the platform. In the export conversion process, users have to pick each conversation one by one, and this could be a little lengthy procedure. But through this procedure, users can export important chats individually.
The export chat feature is different from taking backup on Google Drive. The useful thing about backup files is that if anyone has taken the backup of their conversation, they can easily restore it into the new device.
Those, who are using WhatsApp on an Android device, open the conversation to start to begin the export process.
- Click on three dots at the upper right side.
- Press More.
- Click on the Export chat option.
- Users can choose to include or not include videos and photos.
- After choosing what to export, users will get an Android share sheet that can be transferred to cloud storage.
- Those who are using an iOS device also need to open conversation to start the export process.
- Click on the header.
- Press the Export Char option.
- Select include or not to include media in the backup file.
iOS users will get an iOS share sheet that can be saved in the device, app or email.
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are used for different purposes. People who spend their time on Facebook Messenger instead of Facebook should export their conversation too. The procedure of taking Facebook Messenger chat backup is straightforward, but users have to open Facebook for it.
- Log in to the Facebook account.
- Open the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Your Facebook Information.
- Press View in Download your information section.
- Check messages to download its data.
- Choose All of my data in the Date range.
- Select HTML in the Format section.
- Select media quality as High.
When everything is done, hit the Create File option. Facebook will take some time to create everything in the right order and once it’s ready, Facebook will ask the user to download the file. If the data is huge, then it might take some time to finish the download.
Just like WhatsApp and Facebook, Instagram also has a feature to export messages. The export tool will create a file of the whole Instagram account. To export Instagram messages, users have to open Instagram settings on their preferred web browser. Unfortunately, the data download tool is currently not available for iOS or Android apps.
- Move into the Privacy and Security section.
- In the Data Download section, press Request Download.
- Now type an email address to receive archive data.
- Type password for verification.
- Press Request Download once again.
Instagram will now notify the user that full backup can take up to 48hrs, so wait until the email arrives.
Taking conversation backup and complete media backup can take time. Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram, all these three social media apps ask the user to take the complete backup before deleting their account. Once the backup is ready, the user can restore it on any device.
I am extremely passionate about blogging, running websites, and creating content. I have managed to turn my passion into a profession, and blogging has managed to teach me a lot about technology and myself. I write blog posts, instruction manuals, news releases, and technical descriptions, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup