In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, gamers are thrust into an immersive narrative spanning the whole game. This intense, action-packed shooter game is packed with plenty of military jargon, some surprisingly relatable characters, and lots of violence. The dev error 6068 normally shows up right when gamers click on “Play” via Battle.net or after ten minutes into the gameplay. To fix the issue, read on and apply the solutions mentioned below.
Update the Windows
You can update the Windows by pursuing these steps provided below:
- Go to the Windows icon on your system and right-click on it.
- Then select the Settings option.
- You should reach the ‘Update & Security’ option and click on it.
- After that, select the button of ‘Check for updates.’
- You have to wait until Windows downloads the updates.
- Now, reboot the computer.
Upgrading the GPU Drivers
You can upgrade the GPU drivers by pursuing these steps provided below:
- Navigate to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Device Manager option.
- You have to choose the section of ‘Display adapters’ and expand it.
- Reach the installed driver, and right-click on it, then choose the Update driver option.
- You should choose the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply the changes.
Run the Game as Administrator
You can run the game as administrator by pursuing these steps provided below:
- At first, launch Battle.net and choose the game (Call of Duty).
- After that, select the Options button and click on the ‘Show in Explorer’ option.
- Go to the primary COD executable, and right-click on it, then pick the Run as administrator option.
- Once the ‘User Account Control’ prompt appears, tap on the Yes button.
Conduct a Game Repair through Battle.net
- First of all, invoke the application of ‘Battle.net’ and reach the Call of Duty option.
- Then select the Options button and click on the ‘Scan and repair’ option.
- Now, you have to wait to complete the process.
Adjust the Game to a Borderless Screen
- First, run the game of Call of Duty on your device.
- Thereafter, select the Display Mode option and then choose the Full-screen Borderless option.
- Navigate to the ‘Graphics section’ option and click on it.
- Now, apply the changes.
Running the SFC
- Go to the Windows Search section and input ‘cmd’ in it.
- Then hit the Enter key to launch the Command Prompt.
- Afterward, right-click on it, and choose Run as administrator.
- You should insert ‘sfc /scannow’ in it and hit the Enter button.
Modify the Video Memory
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ hotkeys simultaneously to launch the Task Manager.
- Then pick the More Details option.
- You should select the ‘COD process,’ and right-click on it, then choose the End Task option.
- Reach the folder of a game situated in ‘Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players.’
- After that, find the file of ‘adv_options.ini’ and launch it with Notepad.
- Now, hit the ‘Ctrl + F’ at once and insert ‘VideoMemoryScale.’
- Now, modify the ‘VideoMemoryScale’ value to 0.