Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most popular action role-playing video games worldwide. It is available on all primary platforms like PS4, Xbox series, and Windows. But several users are reporting that they are unable to play this game smoothly on their devices. They are facing freezing issues with the game. If you are also encountering the same issue, then here are some solutions to this problem.
Close Unwanted Programs
You can close unwanted programs by following these steps:
- At first, go to the taskbar, and right-click on it, then pick the Task Manager option.
- Then select the programs you would like to close and right-click on them.
- Then click on the End Task option.
- Now, restart the game.
Confirm the Game Files
You can confirm the game files by following these steps:
- First, launch Steam on your system.
- Thereafter, click on the LIBRARY option.
- You should select the ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ game and then pick the Properties option.
- Later, select the tab of LOCAL FILES and then choose the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES’ option.
- Finally, reopen the game.
Set the Virtual Memory
If you would like to boost the virtual memory, then follow these directions:
- Hold the Windows button on the keyboard to invoke the Search section.
- After that, insert ‘advanced system settings’ in it and select the OK button to launch the ‘View advanced system settings’ screen.
- You should select the Settings option.
- Then pick the tab of Advanced and choose the Change button.
- Now, untick the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’ box.
- Go to the ‘C drive’ and click on it.
- Select the ‘Custom size’ option and input 4096 into the given section beside ‘Maximum size (MB)’ and ‘Initial size (MB).
- Microsoft suggests that you adjust the virtual memory only three times the size of the RAM or 4GB.
- Later, hit on the Set button and click on the OK button.
- Now, reboot the system.
Reinstall the Game
You can reinstall the game by following these steps:
- Go to Steam and run it on your system.
- After that, select ‘Cyberpunk 2077,’ and right-click on it, then pick the Manage option.
- You should click on the Uninstall button.
- Once again, hit the ‘Uninstall’ button in the confirmation prompt.
- Now, reboot the system.
- Finally, install the game once again.
Run Clean Boot
You can run a clean boot by following these steps:
- Hit the Win + R combination keys to launch the Run pop-up.
- Then insert ‘msconfig.’ Open the System Configuration screen.
- Once you get the prompt, go to the tab of Services and mark the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ box.
- Untick every service except those related to the sound and video card manufacturer like Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, and Realtek.
- Now, hit the OK button to apply the changes.
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ key combination to invoke the Task Manager.
- Then go to the tab of Startup and click on it.
- After that, choose the program and then click on the Disable button.
- Finally, reboot the system.