Origin is one of the most popular video gaming platforms all over the world. But according to some users, when they are trying to purchase or download any game, the download speed becomes extremely slow. If you would like to fix this problem, then here are a few solutions to help you out.
Check the Network
- Firstly, reboot the router by disconnecting it.
- Now, connect it again.
- Check if it’s working properly or not.
Running Origin as an Administrator
- Firstly, shut the app.
- Go to the shortcut icon of Origin over the desktop, then select the Properties option.
- Beneath the tab of Compatibility, mark the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ checkbox.
- Later, click on the Apply and then OK buttons.
- Once you have applied the changes, the software will run with administrator permissions.
Execute Clean Boot
- Hold the Win + R combination keys over the keyboard to launch the Run prompt.
- Afterward, input ‘msconfig’ in it and select the OK button to invoke the screen of System Configuration.
- You should pick the tab of Services and tick the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox.
- Now, hit on the ‘Disable all’ button.
- You have to select the tab of Startup and pick the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- Underneath the tab of Startup, select the program individually, and right-click on it, then hit the Disable button.
- Later, shut the screen of Task Manager and return to the screen of ‘System Configuration.’
- Now, hit on the OK button to apply the changes and then reboot the system.
Start Origin in R&D Mode
- Navigate to the blank area on your desktop and right-click on it.
- Then pick the ‘New’ option and then choose the ‘Text Document’ option to make a new blank document.
- Reach the ‘New Text Document’ option and twice click on it.
- Now, paste these lines in the doc:
- You should click on the ‘File’ option and then ‘Save As’ options.
- Then input ‘EACore.ini’ in the section of the File name.
- Finally, open Origin and hit the Yes button.
- Lastly, sign-in to Origin.
Remove the Cache File of Origin
You can remove the cache file of Origin by pursuing these steps:
- Go to the menu section and select the Origin.
- Then click on the Exit option.
- Now, hit the Win + R combination keys to launch the Run prompt.
- You should input ‘taskmgr.exe’ in it and hit the Enter button.
- Underneath the tab of Processes, check for ‘OriginWebHelperService.exe’ and ‘Origin .exe.’
- Reopen the Run prompt.
- Then insert ‘%ProgramData%/Origin’ in it and select the OK button.
- After that, remove every folder and file in the Origin except for LocalContent
- You should invoke the Run prompt once again by following the above directions.
- Once it opens, input ‘%AppData%’ in it and select the OK button.
- Go to the folder of Roaming and remove the folder of Origin.
- Reach the address section and select the ‘AppData’ option.
- Select the folder of Local and twice click on it.
- Now, remove the folder of Origin.
- Reboot the system and sign-in to Origin.
In case the methods mentioned above don’t work, then you need to first uninstall and then reinstall Origin.