Serious Sam 4 rekindles the classic first-person shooter series in a high-powered prequel that is packed with explosive weapons, intergalactic carnage, and more. However, at times, users may face stuttering and crashing issues while playing the game. In order to resolve this annoying issue, check out the solutions mentioned below.
Check the version of Windows
You can check the version of Windows by following these steps provided below:
- First of all, tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch the Run command prompt.
- After that, input ‘winver’ into it and select the OK button.
- Finally, you will get the Windows version details on your screen.
Check for Windows Updates
You can check the for Windows updates by following these steps provided below:
- Hit the Windows icon and then choose the Settings option.
- Then you will get to the Windows Update screen.
- If there are Updates available, choose the Download button, and you can reboot the system in the end.
Running Steam as an Administrator
You can run Steam as an administrator by following these steps provided below:
- Select the Steam’s shortcut and right-click on it from the desktop.
- Then choose the ‘Open file location’ option.
- You should move down and locate the Steam app.
- Now right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
- Thereafter, choose the Compatibility tab and mark the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ box.
- Now, hit the Apply and then OK buttons.
Allow the Game via Controlled Folder Access
Follow these steps provided below:
- Go to the Search section and input ‘windows security’ into it.
- Now, select the OK button.
- You should choose the ‘Virus & threat protection’ option and move down to the section of ‘Ransomware protection.’
- Navigate to the ‘Manage ransomware protection’ option.
- Switch the toggle of ’Controlled folder access’ to enable it.
- Select the Yes button.
- Now, pick the ‘Allow an app through Controlled folder access’ option.
- You have to choose the ‘Add an allowed app’ option and then hit the ‘Browse All apps’ option.
- Finally, reach the installation folder of the game then click on the Sam4.exe.
Confirm Game Files of Integrity
You can confirm game files of integrity by following these steps provided below:
- Invoke the Steam client and beneath the tab of LIBRARY.
- Then right-click on Serious Sam 4.
- Hit on the Properties option.
- Choose the tab of ‘LOCAL FILES” and pick the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES….’ Option.