Many times, when we start our Windows 10 PC, the mouse and keyboard simply freezes. They do not respond to anything, be it the left or right trackpad. This can happen due to the crashing Windows Explorer or old Windows build with a glitch installed. So, many users asked what they do it in that situation? In this article, we will tell you about this issue and fix it as soon as possible. So, here are the instructions are given below.
Reboot the Explorer .exe Procedure
The users intending to reboot the Explorer .exe procedure can do so through the below-written guidelines. If you have already tried this solution, then proceed further to the next fix.
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ buttons altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Task Manager.
- After that, hold the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ buttons altogether over the keyboard.
- Then select the Tab button to invoke the Task Manager.
- Thereafter, hold the Tab button until you see one of the procedures is chosen.
- Select the down arrow button over the keyboard to choose the Windows Explorer.
- Already right-click is disabled, then you can press Shift + F10 keys.
- Hold the Shift + F10 to show the menu of context.
- Later, press the down arrow button over the keyboard then choose the End Task option.
- You should click on the Enter key to shut the task of explorer.exe.
- After killing the process of explorer.exe, you will see a black display for some time.
- Afterward, hold the Windows and R buttons over the keyboard to invoke the Run section.
- 12.Input ‘explorer.exe’ into it and press the Enter button to invoke the Windows Explorer.
Check Pending Updates of Windows
The users who are keen to check the pending updates of Windows can pursue the directions given below.
- Hold the Windows button over the keyboard.
- Thereafter, input ‘update’ into it and select the OK button.
- Then click on the Check for updates option.
- Reach the section of Windows Update and select the Tab button to navigate.
- You should click on the Download updates then press the Enter button.
- Now, wait for downloading the updates.
Using Restore Point
- Go to the Windows search section on your system.
- After that, input ‘restore’ into it and select the OK button.
- Then choose the ‘Create a restore point’ then press the Enter button to invoke the System Properties.
- You should hold the Tab button to choose the option of System Restore then press the Enter button.
- Go to the ‘Recommended to restore’ option then select the Tab button once more to choose the Next button and press the Enter key.
- If you would like to verify the restore point, click on the Finish button and press the Enter key.
- Now, Windows will restore the PC.
- Finally, the procedure takes some time to finish and wait for the system reboots.