Video calling is a great way to see friends and family while living anywhere in the world. This visual interaction system also allows you to connect with multiple individuals at once if you want to host a meeting. So today, you will learn about making video calls on Android devices. This post includes ways to make video calls through built-in options available on Android, third-party video calling apps, and Google Duo.
Make video calls using a built-in video calling feature on Android
Your Android device may have built-in features for making video calls. You should check it right now. It also depends on your network provider if they allow you to make a video call. If your Android phone has a built-in video call feature, you don’t need to use a third-party app. You can directly make a call through it. Here is how to do it.
- To make a video call on your Android phone, you have to open the Phone app on your device.
- After opening the Phone app, you have to choose a contact for the video call.
- When the call starts connecting, different options will appear on the screen. You have to tap on the video camera icon along with a Video or Video call as a written text.
- If your contact Android phone supports a built-in video call, they will receive an invitation to accept your video call. And as they allow the invitation, you are connected with them in a video call.
- If your contact Android phone doesn’t support built-in video calls, you will not be able to make a video call, and your call will be switched to an audio call.
If we talk about the downside of the built-in video call feature, it only works if both parties’ smartphones have this feature.
Make a video call with Google Duo
Google has developed a video calling app called Google Duo. Usually, it comes with many Android phones as a pre-loaded app. Google Duo is also available on the Google Play Store, meaning you can install it on your Android device if it doesn’t come as a pre-loaded app on your phone.
This app has been developed to integrate first and second-generation Pixel, Android One, and Nexus devices. That means Duo can be used directly from Phone and Contacts apps. Here is how to use it.
- Launch the app on your device if it is pre-loaded. If it is not pre-installed on your phone, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- After installing the app, give permission to access the microphone and camera. The app will use your current phone number to make video calls.
- You can sign in through your Google account to make calls with email contacts.
- Choose a contact to make a call. Here Duo helps you find the contacts with the Duo app by grouping them.
- Now click on the video call icon. The app uses a feature called Knock Knock to inform the second party about your call through a live video feed before they pick your call. Duo also includes many filters and effects.
- You can invite contacts to connect to you on Duo.
Make a video call using third-party apps
In addition to the above ways to make video calls, you can take advantage of third-party apps on your Android device. The popular third-party apps for video calling are Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. These apps also allow you to chat through text messaging. Both apps share almost the same process to make a video call. Select the contact you wish to make a call and hit on the video icon located on the screen’s upper side. You can also make group calls on both apps with up to 50 people.
If you want to host an online video conference, you can go with Zoom. You can connect with 100 people at once on Zoom.
Elisa Wilson brings a lot of modern exuberance to her work. She is the mastermind behind this website, which aims to introduce salient knowledge about YouTube video streaming service along with its user- friendly procedures of download, installation, and activation. Professionally, she is a digital marketing analyst and is currently based in Silicon Valley along with her family. Feel free to refer to her blogs pertaining to any info regarding YouTube and its services. To attain the objective of downloading, installing, and activating YouTube Premium Service, you can log on to: “tv.youtube.com/start.”