AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding is one of the most common technical troubles encountered by AOL users. There could be a number of possible reasons like compatibility issues, virus or malware attack, and more due to which AOL software may stop responding. However, with some simple troubleshooting steps, users can easily fix the problem. So, if you are having issues using email services after the AOL desktop gold download on your device, read this post. Here, we have shared some easy steps in the guideline that can help you troubleshoot the AOL desktop gold not responding problem on your device. Let’s proceed next and find which solution works best for you:
Resolve AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding: Easy Troubleshooting Steps
Run AOL desktop gold as the admin account
There are chances that the other installed programs are interrupting The functioning of AOL software. To troubleshoot the problem, run the software with admin rights and see if it works. Here are the step by step instructions to follow:
- Navigate to the AOL Icon (do not use the shortcut icon).
- Right-click on it.
- Choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Try to use the AOL app and see if the solution works. In case not, proceed with the next troubleshooting steps.
Reinstall AOL desktop gold in compatibility mode
Most of the time, the software not responding issue occurs when the user is using an outdated AOL app. Thus, you need to delete the AOL app from your device and proceed with the AOL desktop gold reinstall for its latest version. Once you have installed the latest version, you need to run the software in compatibility mode. Here are the step by step instructions to follow:
- Visit the AOL official website to download the updated AOL installation file on your device. Make sure that you download the software only from reliable sources.
- Save the installation file on your computer.
- Once saved, right-click on it and go to the “Properties” section.
- Here, choose the “ compatibility mode” option.
- Check the “ Run this program in compatibility mode” box.
- Click on the dropdown menu, and choose the “Previous operating system”.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
- Proceed with onscreen instructions and re-install AOL desktop gold on your device.
So, these are some easy instructions to help you with AOL desktop gold reinstall on your computer. Make sure that you update the AOL software to its latest version every time the new upgrade is available. Also, if something is wrong with your operating system, you need to diagnose it to run the AOL software. Make sure that your device is compatible to run AOL of gold. Check for the system requirements to install the software.
We hope that these easy instructions will help you to fix the AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding device. If you are still having trouble with AOL and looking for reliable help, you can contact the AOL team. The professionals are available round the clock to help and give you the best possible solution to the problem.