Netflix provides a lot of features to its users in which sharing profile and watching ultra HD videos are included. While sharing profile, every user has a different tab what they can use. But there were no restrictions if any other user profile uses your profile if they have email and password. However, now Netflix provided a PIN code feature in which the user can lock their profile tab so no other user can access that even if they have email and password. The problem was if someone watch shows from your tab, so recommendation, watched shows and few things changes which could be a problem for many users so to solve this type of issues Netflix launched PIN code feature. Now you can lock your profile from PIN so only those users can access who has the PIN, every other profile can have their own PIN.
How to Lock Profile through PIN Code
The best and easiest way to lock your profile is by open the Netflix on the official Netflix website on your browser and then follow these steps:
- Open Netflix website and login with your account.
- Move to the “Account option” where you will find your profile tab on the top.
- Scroll down the “Profile and Parental controls” tab from your account page and click on the small arrow for setting up the PIN code.
- Getting into your profile option, you will find an option “Profile Lock,” just tap on “change” to lock your profile.
- Now you will be asked your credentials Netflix login, and after that, you will be able to set a PIN for the profile.
- You will be asked to put a four-digit code on the profile to lock. Put the PIN and set it to require for the PIN when adding a new profile.
With these easy and straightforward steps, you will be able to secure your profile with a four-digit code. It’s not just about the recommendation, but privacy is also a major thing. These restrictions will keep kids away from any abnormal content too. Well, it’s a small change in Netflix regarding, but it is such a huge improvement on the basis of security and privacy. PIN lock can restrict all other profiles too if you are willing to keep kids away from Netflix.
Netflix is the biggest streaming platform, and it definitely becomes a big thing to focus if the profile of every user is safe or not. Having email and password shouldn’t be the only security. Users use it on mobile devices also and after setting up the lock they have to put PIN in order to unlock the profile. It doesn’t matter if the PIN is generated through PC, it will work on all other devices. If from one email, five users are using it, then they all can have their different PIN to access. It will keep the profile of every user secure. So now go ahead and watch your favorite shows without any kind of disturbance.
Laura Barton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.