In this article, we have discussed the ways you can use to uninstall Met Now from your Windows 10 PC. Microsoft has made a vast number of changes to its operating system after the May 2020 update, and these changes have not gone well with most of the users. It has changed the working of the Alt+Tab switcher alongside the size and appearance of the tasks appearing in the overview menu. Now, users are facing another issue, i.e., Meet Now will now be seen permanently on Taskbar on the Windows 10 PCs and laptops, and it’s something that individuals haven’t even asked for. So, if you are among the individuals who want to clear out Meet Now from your Windows 10 PC or laptop, follow the steps mentioned below:
Permanently Uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10
Below are the steps that you can use to uninstall Meet Now from your Windows 10 PC:
- The method mentioned below uses Group Policy Editor to permanently uninstall Meet Now from your Windows 10 PC. However, due to the unavailability of the Group Policy Editor on the Windows 10 Home, we have mentioned a workaround that you can use to enable it. So, proceed further to enable the Group Policy Editor on your Windows 10 Home. In case you are an Enterprise, Windows 10 Pro, or any other edition user, you need to head over to the next step, straightforward.
- After doing that, tap on Windows and further search for “gpedit.”
- Then, tap on the “Edit group policy.”
- Now, you need to head over to Administrative Templates under the User Configuration section. Further click on Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Now, scroll below and search for “Remove the Meet Now icon.”
- Then, double-tap on the option and choose “Enabled.” Further, tap on “OK.”
- Now, you need to restart your PC, and you will notice Meet Now removed completely from your Windows 10 PC. That’s it.
- If you want to Meet Now to be enabled, then follow the similar steps as mentioned above and select “Not Configured” in step #5. You are done.
So, these were the steps following which the users can disable Meet Now from their Taskbar area on their Windows 10 PC. Following the steps mentioned above, the users won’t need to bother about Meet Now on any of their accounts on PC. This also means that your PC will be very much responsive every time you reboot it, thereby reducing the startup process.