A spray tan machine helps you create the perfect tan, weather you use a spray tan machine in your home for personal use or as part of your business, by following these steps it will allow you to make a professional looking job every time.
Properly exfoliating before spraying on the solution is vital. This is because the top laver of dead skin is always coming off naturally as new skin is formed underneath. If you don’t exfoliate properly you will usually get an uneven effect. On top of this your tan will not last nearly as long as if you had done a thorough job of removing all the dead skin.
Moisturizing Barrier Cream
The dry areas of the body such as the feet, hands knees and elbows require a little barrier cream as the spray tan solution will be absorbed more in these areas, so they will look darker than the rest of the body
If you have a spray tan booth, you will find it much easier to prevent overspray around the room.
If you don’t have a spray booth, spray in an area that has good ventilation, a bathroom or laundry are ideal areas, places without absorbent surfaces are best.
Place a lager towel or drop sheet on the floor to stand on avoiding stains on the floor.
Although most types of spray tan solution are vegetable based and non toxic, it’s still better to avoid inhaling the spray. If possible set up an air filtration machine to deal with any overspray.
It’s best to remove all clothing before spraying or wear a bikini style swim suit for maximize exposed skin areas.
Start the process
Add 2 to 3 ounces of spray tanning solution to the cartridge of your spray tan machine and secure the top tightly.
Set the airflow on low for a light tan, the higher the setting the darker the tan will be.
For thin areas such as legs and arms, set the spray pattern to vertical and for wider areas such as the body use horizontal.
- Hold the gun straight using sweeping motions to achieve an even tanning effect
- Avoid overlapping the sprayed areas
- The front and back of the body should be sprayed using vertical sweeps from neck to hips
- The legs and arms should be also be sprayed in vertical sweeps
- The arms should be raised for easier application avoid overlapping, starting at the armpit down to the wrist
- Spray each leg separately starting from the hips and moving to the ankle.
- Keep the knee bent and lightly spray this area in a sweeping motion. Turn the leg so the inner thigh is exposed for the spray
- The Face should be sprayed starting with the forehead, from temple to chin and on both sides in circular motions
- The hands and Feet should be sprayed lightly
The spray needs to set for at least 10 minutes before you replace any clothing, but longer is better, then wear loose fitting clothing