Despite the immense increase in the usage of groceries in the past four years upto 20%, online grocery sales grew by just 2.3% in 2019. The shift in the grocery and other sales of other essential items grew up to 35% in August 2020, which is almost three times greater than the sales in August 2019. Isn’t it hard to believe? The main reason for the growth is due to the fact that people are afraid to step out of their homes until it is of utmost essential.
Instacart’s popularity has elevated more recently with exciting deals such as same-day delivery and other exciting offers. The simple functionality is what captures the attention of users. All the customers have to do is place the order online, then the delivery agent shops for the product in the nearby store and delivers it to the customers.
These facts show the growth achieved by Instacart in recent times.
Instacart is currently associated with a total of 300,000 stores. These stores are flourishing from the extra income and popularity that comes associated with Instacart.
- According to TechCrunch reports, Instacart raised $225 million in June and $100 million in July.
- One surprising fact is that Instacart is said to have the world’s most extensive online grocery catalog, with over 500 million products for customers to choose from.
- People all over the US can have access to Instacart as it operates in all 50 states in the country.
Tight competition is revolving in the grocery delivery sector
Customers have options to choose from world-class grocery delivery services through grocery ordering apps. According to the Business of apps reports, the sales have skyrocketed to more than 70% compared to the pre-pandemic times. Grocery apps are also adapting to changing needs by offering same-day, even same-hour delivery for selective locations during specific time periods and contactless delivery services to meet with customers’ requirements. Here is how the grocery delivery apps have leveled up their game:
- Amazon’s whole food market delivers products to customers in offering products through a Prime subscription for over 75 metropolitan areas in 2019.
- According to CNBC reports, Walmart accounts for almost 56% of the total U.S grocery revenue, making it the country’s largest grocery provider.
- Target is offering same-day delivery to over 250 markets. Over 1500 Target stores process orders and deliver products in less than 1 hour to customers.
Not just due to pandemic, the grocery delivery apps are witnessing an increase in customer app usage due to their convenience and have included these facilities to cope up with the needs of increasing customer requirements.
Read the Full BLOG HERE